Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER - F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK - not stable with XMP - non OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it. Luv it when it works.

Comment

Welp, Gigabyte has done it again with the recent release of bios version F20b. I am now able to run all 4 sticks of my 6000 Mhz G.Skill RAM at 6400 Mhz with excellent stability. I left all the timing and voltages stock and simply upped the speed. The system booted right up and passed all of my tests with flying colors.

Comment

Welp, Gigabyte has done it again with the recent release of bios version F20b. I am now able to run all 4 sticks of my 6000 Mhz G.Skill RAM at 6400 Mhz with excellent stability. I left all the timing and voltages stock and simply upped the speed. The system booted right up and passed all of my tests with flying colors.

EDIT: The stability lasted with stock timings and voltages until the RAM temps got into the upper 50's C after several hours of gaming. After a fair amount of experimenting, I found improved stability at high RAM temps with the following: 6400 Mhz, 36-40-40-102, 1.40v. These timings decrease the RAM performance almost imperceptibly in benchmarks and not at all in gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by wdseith View Post
          I know this post is a bit dated at this point, but FWIW, I have two 32-Gig kits (4 sticks total) on a Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard. The kit number is F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK. 6000 Mhz, CL36, 1.35v. I've tried all of the tricks listed here and elsewhere and was only able to get the RAM to run stable at 5800 Mhz when all 4 sticks were installed--until yesterday. Yesterday, I decided to try the new Intel Dynamic Memory Boost feature that's built-in to the UEFI BIOS. BTW, I'm on bios version F8e, which is the latest version as of today's date. I enabled XMP Profile 1, left ALL the voltage and timing settings on their defaults and activated Dynamic Memory Boost in the bios. It took about 10 minutes for the bios to train the ram for the new setup, and then PRESTO!! All 64 gigs now run rock solid stable at 6000 Mhz. And, with Dynamic Memory Boost turned on, the ram speed drops back to 5200 Mhz when it's not under load, thus keeping the temps down about 5-10 degrees C. The beauty is that I am now able to run all 4 sticks at full speed and have the sticks stay a bit cooler when I'm not gaming.

For those trying to set the voltages manually, it is worth noting that the VDD and VDDQ voltages vary quite a bit, but stay fairly regularly at 1.365 volts each. Using the sensors feature in HSiNFO64, I've noted that the max VDD is 1.365 and the max VDDQ is 1.380. It certainly appears that letting the bios set the voltages automatically is beneficial for stability, but your mileage may vary.

To summarize, turning on Dynamic Memory Boost and leaving everything else on "Auto" worked for me in getting 4 sticks of 64 gigs of G.Skill 6000 Mhz CL36 ram to run stable at its rated speed. Best of luck.
          what is dynamic memory boost on an asus board?

Comment

Dynamic Memory Boost is an Intel feature that's built into the bios of the latest Gigabyte (and other name brand) Intel processor based motherboards. You can find it by going to the Tweaker tab in the Advanced Menu of the bios, then select "Advanced Memory Settings". This will take you to a page where you can select "Dynamic Memory Boost" and change the setting from "Auto" to "Enabled". That said, as I have noted in other posts here, given the bios updates that have been released since I posted what you quoted above, enabling Dynamic Memory Boost is no longer required to get your G.Skill ram to run at full rated speed.
            Last edited by wdseith; 11-14-2022, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Thank you wdseith.

I found another article about the dynamic memory boost, it said that it tunes your memory for optimal settings. So it fluctuates between default & rated speeds.

I'm just waiting on a 13900k cpu to try these settings. I have g.skill 4x32gb 5600mhz ram. I'll be happy if just 2x32gb work at the rated speed.

Comment

With a i9-13900K processor, you shouldn't have any problems getting your 5600 Mhz RAM to run at its rated speed on a Z690 or Z790 class mobo. I've seen postings by people with the subject mobo (Z690 Aorus Master) getting 7200 Mhz RAM to run when paired with a i9-1300K. I'm currently running 4x16gb 6000 Mhz RAM at 6400 Mhz on this mobo with an i9-12900K. The fact that you are trying to get 4x32gb to run at their rated speed may be the issue, but it should still work with an i9-13900K without the use of DMB on this board. This all presumes, again, that you're using the latest bios (currently F20) from Gigabyte.
                Last edited by wdseith; 11-18-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Thanx wdseith,

I've just got stock of a 13900k, will be delivered later this week. Can't wait to experiment.

I have a Asus board, I've downloaded all the bios & other drivers from Asus this afternoon.

Will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Been experimenting with my setup for at least 6 months. It never ends, it seems. :-)

Comment

Soo....

could only get 2x32gb to run at 5600mhz.

When trying all 4 sticks, the best I could get stable was 4800mhz.

Comment

What mobo do you have? And which RAM sticks do you have (I'm looking for a part # here).

Comment

Z690 Maximus Hero
                          F5-5600J3636D32GX2-TZ5RK

Comment

Given the robustness of the Z690 Maximus Hero, I'm a bit surprised by that result. However, for whatever it's worth, I've made huge progress with my setup by tweaking the voltage and the timings a bit. Before you do any of that, of course, please make sure you are using bios version 2103 downloadable from the Asus site here: ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO | ROG Maximus | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com). This is the latest version released on 2022/10/19.

Next, try upping your DDR5 voltage to 1.30v for both of the first two voltage settings (VDD and VDDQ). Do this for all 4 sticks of RAM. Leave the third voltage setting (VPP) on "auto" which should be 1.80v. Your stock timings are fine for now, but you may want to experiment with 36-36-36-96 instead of the stock timings of 36-36-36-89. Increasing that 4th timings number greatly enhances stability with minimal impact on latency. If increasing the voltage to 1.30v doesn't quite cut it, you can try 1.35v. You can go at least as high at 1.40v with these RAM chips and still be well under their max threshold. If 1.35v works, you can always try inching the voltage down 0.01v at a time if you want. Stock voltage on my kits is 1.35v and I'm running them at 1.4v to support an overclock from 6000Mhz to 6400Mhz. I see the same temps with both voltage settings, but 1.40v allows for better stability at 6400. Bottom line, you may find a sweet spot somewhere between 1.30v and 1.35v.

I know all of what I'm suggesting here takes a bit of time. Patience is key. Make only one change at a time and test the result. While it takes more time to do it that way, you'll be better able to discern what works best for your setup.

Enjoy, and good luck!
                            Last edited by wdseith; 11-18-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I've got the latest bios installed, as well as all the latest drivers, incl. the mei driver & me firmware.

I tried 4 sticks 128gb, all the way from 5000mhz - 5600mhz, with VDD & VDDQ at 1.25v - 1.40v & everything is unstable. They don't even run memtest for 10mins without errors.

At 4800mhz which is the default on auto settings, I can boot into Windows, but when I run memtest it gives errors within the first 10mins. I tried the voltages at 1.25-1.35. I'm at 1.4 now, testing.

If I can't at least get 4800mhz on 4 sticks, then I'll settle for 2 sticks 64gb at 5600mhz, as that is stable.

If one of these memory brands come out with a compatible 128gb 2x64gb kit, I'll upgrade to that.

Comment

Ok, fair enough. And I trust that you have tried each kit separately in the A2/B2 slots and each kit works individually at 5600Mhz? And you kept each kit paired as they were in the original package? And one last question for now--when you have 128Gb installed and running at 5600Mhz, does the system boot and run at all? If so, can you run your desktop apps and your games without causing an app CTD or a BSOD? If so, you may be getting a false positive with memtest.
                                Last edited by wdseith; 11-18-2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X