Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER - F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK - not stable with XMP - non OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER - F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK - not stable with XMP - non OC

Hello,

I've bought new computer equiment and installed them all by default with Windows 11 and looks fine.

After installation of OS and all related drivers and software I have enabled the XMP Profile in the BIOS and Win11 is starting well but in Games or some application I crashed back to the desktop, this problem is reproduceable and so I check by Gigabyte the latest BIOS Version for my Mainboard.

There are a BIOS version F7A with a description that this one is explicite for a better improvement for the compatibility for GSKILL DDR 4800~6000+ Mhz and a newer one with F7C which I have installed.

The Problem is not solved with a BIOS update to that i am crashing back to the desktop but (for now) never a BSOD.

I removed the XMP Profile and let the Memory run by default and no crashes anymore.
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results
    Date: 28.01.2022 16:51:59
    Event ID: 1202
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Description:
    The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer

Then I have disabled the XMP Profile and do again a Windows Memory Diagnostic.
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results
    Date: 28.01.2022 17:55:10
    Event ID: 1201
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Description:
    The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors

Without XMP all is running fine, no crash to desktop and is working.
    With XMP it is a disaster and that for and not cheap memory part, I know that DDR5 is starting a new area but it should be work as designed or what I had paid for.

So please let me know how to fix the problem and bring up a stable system with XMP enabled.

Thanks a lot.

Will any DRAM Frequency above DDR5-4800 work properly with XMP enabled?

Do you have memory populated in slots two and four away from the CPU?

Comment

Hi,
      If I activate the XMP Profile so the memory will directly work with 6000Mhz. Where I can or I could change that? I saw that in the BIOS I can enable a manual profile for the RAM but there are Hynix, Samsung and another one.

So If I enable XMP that goes to 6000MHz.

This part number F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK describes that this are 2 modules with a 16GB and in the manual from the Mainboard stands that I should setup it on A2 and B2 slot so that it work by design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-02 173536.png
Views:	3957
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	167959

So, what can I do to use the FULL POWER of the RAM Module?

Comment

XMP enabled, manually set System Memory Multiplier to a lower DRAM Frequency to see what can work.

You need to test to see what can work first to get a better idea of what may be going on.

Comment

When I setup manually to 5600MHz it works stable with 36-36-36-76.
          Here the setting.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-02.png
Views:	3927
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	167963

I stressed this setting with quick memory test ok and over 494 runtime it is stable and without issues or crashes.

Windows Memory runs fine too.

The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors

But with 6000MHz it will not run stable and crashes by WMD after 2% and in Windows crashed.

What can I do?

Comment

Hello, my Reseller wrotes following message:

---------------------------------
            Dear customer,

thank you for your message.

6000MHz is far above the maximum that the memory controller of the CPU can give.
            Officially, the CPUs only manage "Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s". Everything above that is considered overclocking and is therefore not guaranteed. A defect is therefore not present.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
            ----------------------------------

Is it really overclocking when you declare that this DDR5 - 6000Mhz should be work by design and I use the XMP Profile and it works not stable?

From my side I would give back this module to the reseller and would like a new one.

Comment

They are talking about CPU not RAM.

Comment

Hi!

I have the same system as OP: CPU motherboard and memory.

And the same thing happens here: BSOD, crashes, etc.

If I put without X.M.P. all is fine.

When I set X.M.P. random crashes everywhere.

My solution? Put more voltage to RAM with X.M.P. enabled.

In my case: 1.320v

I've tried 1.305 1.310 1.315 and some crash appear.

My first option was to buy the F5-6000U4040E16GX2 kit, but isn't available. One kit of the 3636 was available, this is the reason that I bought it.

But if G.Skill says 1.3v, why have I put them at 1.32v? This is not fair...

I've flashed F8c BIOS. This version says that:
                1. Improve compatibility for DDR5 5600~6400 MHz
                2. Improve Gskill 6000 DDR5 issue
                In F7 says that:
                1. Improve compatibility for GSkill DDR5 4800~6000+ MHz
                How to solve that????

Comment

Set Voltage and actual Voltage may vary. Many motherboards have a lower actual Voltage to prevent Over Voltage, so it is common for some to require 1.32V to fully supply 1.30V.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    Set Voltage and actual Voltage may vary. Many motherboards have a lower actual Voltage to prevent Over Voltage, so it is common for some to require 1.32V to fully supply 1.30V.
                    Finally, to get NO errors on "windows diagnostic" I have to put on 1.325v on BIOS

hwinfo says minimum of 1.320v maximum of 1.335v

This is not "1.30v" says GSkill... they have a model with 1.35v

Comment

Got same problems with :

- Windows 10/11 last updates
                      - Drivers from Gigabyte updated
                      - Drivers from Nvidia updated
                      - Last(s) bios from Gigabyte (from F6 to F8d)
                      - Corsair 1000W plat
                      - Gigabyte Aorus Master Z690
                      - Intel I9 12900K (Stock)
                      - GSkill DDR5 6000 CL36 (Must run without XMP --> @4800) TZ5S dual kit 16Gx2 on slots A2 & B2
                      - Nvidia RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X
                      - Samsung 980 Evo Pro (Primary with OS)
                      - 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (where games are installed)
                      - Asus PQ258Q 240Hz 24,5" 1080P
                      - 2x Illyama 75Hz @ 60 Hz 1080P

XMP enabled, tried many MemTest (2 hours testing with "stop on error") sometimes with errors, sometimes not, depending on the bios and/or some manual voltage till 1.35.
                      When I'm playing, randomly, but generaly between 30 sec to 15 minutes MAX (doesn't matter which game : "Risk of Rain 2", "Apex Legends", "World of Warcraft", "Battlefield 2142", "Phasmophobia", "Far Cry 6", "Blackmesa", "Escapists 2" etc...) the game close itself. When I disable XMP, no crashes.

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks!

Comment

I know this post is a bit dated at this point, but FWIW, I have two 32-Gig kits (4 sticks total) on a Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard. The kit number is F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK. 6000 Mhz, CL36, 1.35v. I've tried all of the tricks listed here and elsewhere and was only able to get the RAM to run stable at 5800 Mhz when all 4 sticks were installed--until yesterday. Yesterday, I decided to try the new Intel Dynamic Memory Boost feature that's built-in to the UEFI BIOS. BTW, I'm on bios version F8e, which is the latest version as of today's date. I enabled XMP Profile 1, left ALL the voltage and timing settings on their defaults and activated Dynamic Memory Boost in the bios. It took about 10 minutes for the bios to train the ram for the new setup, and then PRESTO!! All 64 gigs now run rock solid stable at 6000 Mhz. And, with Dynamic Memory Boost turned on, the ram speed drops back to 5200 Mhz when it's not under load, thus keeping the temps down about 5-10 degrees C. The beauty is that I am now able to run all 4 sticks at full speed and have the sticks stay a bit cooler when I'm not gaming.

For those trying to set the voltages manually, it is worth noting that the VDD and VDDQ voltages vary quite a bit, but stay fairly regularly at 1.365 volts each. Using the sensors feature in HSiNFO64, I've noted that the max VDD is 1.365 and the max VDDQ is 1.380. It certainly appears that letting the bios set the voltages automatically is beneficial for stability, but your mileage may vary.

To summarize, turning on Dynamic Memory Boost and leaving everything else on "Auto" worked for me in getting 4 sticks of 64 gigs of G.Skill 6000 Mhz CL36 ram to run stable at its rated speed. Best of luck.
                        Last edited by wdseith; 05-17-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot WDSEITH for the tipp of the new BIOS but I had to change the voltage too for two modules but now it is stable running.

Comment

aajoo7, glad to hear it's working. Are you using bios version F20a referenced in my post here: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...hz#post168392? If not, please give that a try. Please also note my post at the bottom of that thread--updating to version F8 was a regression for me. Even though it was released AFTER F20a, F20a works substantially better for me than F8.
                            Last edited by wdseith; 09-11-2022, 06:59 PM.

Comment

wdseith
                              Yes, I'm currently working with the F20a BIOS and had to raise the voltage a bit because it wouldn't run with the XMP profile and only 1.3 volts. With 1.35 or a bit more a stable operation was or is possible.

And thanks for the tip with the F8, then I'll suspend the times because it currently times at least works what it did not before.

As always, never change a running system. cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X