Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
    Setsunai,

Was the v1.00.08 beta installed at any point in time? Send a copy of your CPU-Z report in txt (export from About tab) to techsupport@gskill.com with your forum name in the email. We'll check it out.

In the meantime, it seems like the software is crashing for some reason. Please uninstall the software, and make sure the "AsLedService" is not running in services, and make sure the following directories are deleted or do not exist after the uninstallation:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AsLedService
    C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL International Enterprise\GSkill
    Then shut down, disconnect the power cord for two minutes (any longer is not necessary), and the connect the power cord and boot again. And before installing the v1.00.16 software, please do check that the motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest version.

Thanks.
    Ive never installed the 1.00.08. My Bios version is 0906 2017-03-22. Ive sent you the email with the CPU Z report and some pictures as reference.

Comment

• Shortly after my last post ASRock released a new BIOS update (v2.10) with the patch notes stating that it 'increases compatibility'. After installing this update I regained control over the lighting on one stick beyond just turning it on and off as I had before. Still no change on the dark stick though. For some reason the G.Skill control software only shows 5 lights in the GSkill Dram box where it used to show all 10. I feel as if the other stick would be able to be controlled if the software would recognize its existence. In any case, it seems as though the continued efforts by both G.Skill and motherboard manufacturers is indeed improving the situation and I remain hopeful that this issue will be resolved fairly soon.

I have also submitted a CPU-Z report to G.Skill tech support and am waiting to hear back from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeviceEnforcer View Post
        Shortly after my last post ASRock released a new BIOS update (v2.10) with the patch notes stating that it 'increases compatibility'. After installing this update I regained control over the lighting on one stick beyond just turning it on and off as I had before. Still no change on the dark stick though. For some reason the G.Skill control software only shows 5 lights in the GSkill Dram box where it used to show all 10. I feel as if the other stick would be able to be controlled if the software would recognize its existence. In any case, it seems as though the continued efforts by both G.Skill and motherboard manufacturers is indeed improving the situation and I remain hopeful that this issue will be resolved fairly soon.

I have also submitted a CPU-Z report to G.Skill tech support and am waiting to hear back from them.
        Since you've updated the BIOS and one module works now, can you swap the module in the slots? Then do the 10 steps below and see if it'll get that second module working.

1. Open the software, and click on “DEFAULT”. Wait a minute or two for the process to complete.
        2. Shut down the computer.
        3. Disconnect the power cord, and wait for 3 minutes. (This is important!)
        4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the system.
        5. Open the software and click “On/Off” on the top right corner to turn the modules on and off for two or three cycles. (i.e. Off > On > Off > On > Off > On) Remember to wait a few seconds in between.
        >> If by step 5, the modules are not lighting up, then please do the following:
        6. Close the software.
        7. (Win10) Open Task Manager, and go to the Services tab. Then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”. (Win7) Go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”. A Services window will open and locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”.
        8. Wait until the service to stop and start again. It should display “Running”.
        9. Open the software. This will take a few minutes, and it will give you an error. This is normal.
        10. Open the software a second time. The software should open properly, and the memory module should return to default lighting.

Comment

• I am still getting the following error: "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module (s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated."
          I have tried all DIMM slots and combinations, also can not control the LEDs via Asus Aura. I have tried both beta versions and the current aura software for my mainboard. (There was always only one of the softwares installed).
          The latest bios version is installed. I really do not know any more ....

Mainboard: Asus Formula IX

Comment

• Originally posted by proph View Post
            I am still getting the following error: "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module (s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated."
            I have tried all DIMM slots and combinations, also can not control the LEDs via Asus Aura. I have tried both beta versions and the current aura software for my mainboard. (There was always only one of the softwares installed).

Did you delete the entire ASUS folder under Program Files (x86) and restart before reinstall?
            Intel i7 6700K
            Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
            32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
            Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
            (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• Originally posted by proph View Post
              I am still getting the following error: "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DRAM module (s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated."

From your other post, we see you have a kit of F4-3200C16D-16GTZ. Are you using XMP/DOCP or manual memory settings in BIOS? Or are you running at 2133MHz only? And which CPU do you have installed?

Comment

Since you've updated the BIOS and one module works now, can you swap the module in the slots? Then do the 10 steps below and see if it'll get that second module working.

1. Open the software, and click on “DEFAULT”. Wait a minute or two for the process to complete.
                5. Open the software and click “On/Off” on the top right corner to turn the modules on and off for two or three cycles. (i.e. Off > On > Off > On > Off > On) Remember to wait a few seconds in between.
                6. Close the software.
                7. (Win10) Open Task Manager, and go to the Services tab. Then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”. (Win7) Go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”. A Services window will open and locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”.
                9. Open the software. This will take a few minutes, and it will give you an error. This is normal.
                10. Open the software a second time. The software should open properly, and the memory module should return to default lighting.
                Yes, I did think to try that. The problem is that if I swap the RAM sticks, the software does not open no matter what I try (clean uninstall and restarting the service, etc...). It seems like I need to have the working module in slot 1 to even be able to open the software.

Also since I've been messing around with the positions of the sticks, the software now no longer controls the lights on the first stick either and it's back to just being able to set the default effect or turn the lights off entirely.

Comment

• Been tryin the ten steps over and over but it still won't light...
                  I also don't wanna RMA both my ram cause I'll have no pc.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
                    Did you delete the entire ASUS folder under Program Files (x86) and restart before reinstall?
                    I deleted all Asus / G.Skill related folders and made sure there is no related service running after deinstallation. After every deinstallation / installation the PC was shut down and the power cord has been removed for 5 Minutes.

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                    From your other post, we see you have a kit of F4-3200C16D-16GTZ. Are you using XMP/DOCP or manual memory settings in BIOS? Or are you running at 2133MHz only? And which CPU do you have installed?

I am Using XMP Settings at 3200 MHz, CPU is 7700K.

Comment

6. Close the software.
                      this method work for me, now 3 rams working perfectly, but one is not lighting up, waiting for next software,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorneaz View Post
                        Warning, this might be a long read, I'm sorry, that's just what I do. Oh and i'm french so there might be some weird and faulty stuff going on in my text, just go with it and forgive me, please ?
                        PS : i'll summ' it up ending the post for those of you who don't want to read me.

Comput specs :
                        32 4x8 GB g.skill 3200 CL14
                        MSI Godlike gaming Carbon X99
                        I76800K
                        GTX 1080

Bought a 4x8 GB kit mid- February and everything worked just fine (well, the rainbow worked fine since I'm on a X99 MOBO). I knew the ram was young and so, when I saw that the software coming with it was in beta phase 1.00.08 I was like : "m'key, no problems, I can wait." (Ok, I downloaded it to see if it could magically work even on X99 board just to see for myself... And then I waited. Wouldn't you have ?)

One month later, came the second beta phase 1.00.16 late march and then, everything just worked splendidly ! Colors, colors everywhere !

Sadly for me, my fiancée tried MSI gaming APP on her cellphone to mess with me (yeah, she does that) and at that moment, wouldn't you know ? 2 of the 4 sticks went off, -SNAP- just like that.
                        You can imagine, I was like : "F*ckme ! What - the - f*ck - did you just do with my money ?!" But wait- I'm a patient and thorough guy so, I checked if my ram was still working and active on my system : It was, so I calmed down and started to think.

Then, I rode these posts and found out it was bound to happen eventually : I use both MSI gaming APP and CAM for my NZXT Kraken X62, t'was only a matter of time before **** would get real. She couldn't know, nor could I : honest mistake.

This out of the way, I did everything that G.SKILL proposed us to do to fix it. Power off, power cable off, LED services reboot etc, default setting so on and so forth.

With this method I got unlucky : on the previously 2 sticks working out of 4, this time, only 1 remained on after doing all of this (so 3 sticks out, thank you !).
                        And now, I was loosing my temper. But, don't fret, said I - you can solve this. Contacted the RMA to seek guidance and explain my predicament but I got the old "DID YOU DO THE TEN FIXING STEPS WE POSTED ON THE FORUMS ?"
                        I mean, come on... I wrote that I did. And I did. And, of course I would do it... Moving on.

So, I told to myself : "You're not alone in this but you're gonna have to think for yourself..." And then, an idea stroke : "What if, the only memory slot working and which is accessible via the software, could still be accessible but, with a different memory stick ?"
                        And it freaking worked.
                        Let me explain myself : I removed all of my ram, including the led-working one and then, placed one stick of ram not lit-up in its stead, just one at the time (luckily for me, I only have 32GB and 4 modules, if I had 64 and then 8 modules, god, that would have been so annoying and for those of you who do, I feel your pain).

You reboot, you bios freaks out and asks you what the f*ck your doing with your ram or CPU, you just go and set a default preset for it so it calms down and you go to your desktop.
                        Now, I started the software again (not easily in fact : the AsLedService was stopped and didn't want to run again, I had to manually set it up so it wouldn't automatically shut itself down after launch) and set the stick Off and On again until it went back to life. Then setted it to default settings and did the same same twice more for the rest of my modules.

Now, everything is lit, everything is on rainbow mod (a victory considering I had only 1 working out of 4 last night) - BUT- the software is still unable to control at least 2 of the memory sticks (they aren't synced at all as a matter of fact) and after restarting my computer, I got welcomed by this familiar message : "No G.SKILL DRAM modules found on your computer system, program will be terminated" which is the exact same error I got when I tried to install the 1.00.08 beta before the patch in late march bringing X99 support.

In short : 2 out of 4 sticks not lightning up then with every step followed only 1 out of 4 and then with my method 4 out of 4 with only two manageable via G.SKILL soft (And then, you can't open the soft any more).
                        If you want to try my method, I would like it if you could post the results on the forum so I'll know if it was just a struck of luck or if it's definitely working.

To summ' it up for those who rode it all and those who didn't :

Step one : Identify the slot in which you ram module is still accessible via the G.SKILL software and working.
                        (Step pre-two : Shut you computer and power down you damn fools o_O.)
                        Step two : Remove all of the ram and mount the non working ones (one at the time) in that same slot.
                        Step three : Restart after at least 2 or 3 minutes, reconfigure your bios to default and get to desktop.
                        Step four : Open G.SKILL software (If it doesn't work go to services and try to set the AsLedService permanently on) and set the ram to default and try to go ON/OFF with it a few times until the light comes up.
                        Rinse and repeat.
                        Step five : Share the results in here for everyone.

The following day - Update : After clean uninstall and reinstall of the software 1.00.16 version, I got the program to run again without error message but I still can only control 2 of my 4 ram modules. They are lit-up but unmanageable. And I fear that if I touch anything again trying to get a better result, I'd lose all that I did. So I'll leave it at that, for now.
                        yes, i did the same, but only 3 rams alive, one not waking up, this is like medical treatment for dead person,

just read your post now, so this method working perfectly , i am now trying to get alive final ram, sorry for bad english

Comment

Hi,

We've tested on the Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7 here with no issues. Maybe there's another conflict elsewhere. Would you mind having the modules installed, and sending us a CPU-Z report in TXT (You can do this in the About tab) to techsupport@gskill with your forum username and a link to this thread? This is so that we can explore any possibilities as to why this issue is occurring. Thanks!
                          Sent it a few days ago and haven't heard back, still not having any luck.

Comment

• I have tried everything and nothing works for my G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000 Mhz CL 15 32GB (4x8GB) on my X99A MSI Gaming 7 (latest bios H.F0) motherboard with windows 10, 64-bit.

I have never had the .08 beta installed.

Every time I get "No G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Module(s) found on your computer system!
                            Program will be terminated"

I do see the AsLedService fail a lot in event viewer.

I have uninstalled every MSI software other than Live update and no change.
                            Last edited by QuantumsEdge; 05-05-2017, 11:56 AM. Reason: added context

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
                              I have tried everything and nothing works for my G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000 Mhz CL 15 32GB (4x8GB) on my X99A MSI Gaming 7 (latest bios H.F0) motherboard with windows 10, 64-bit.

I have never had the .08 beta installed.

Every time I get "Memory Modules not found"

Here is a link to my complete build https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KQq48d
                              I believe there's a setting in the BIOS of the MSI boards that needs to be turned on for it to work.
                              Intel i7 6700K
                              Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
                              32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
                              Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
                              (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• Well, I wish I knew what that could be *scratches head*...

Comment

Working...
                                X