Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alito View Post
    Only one module is lighted. I tried it when MSI led service was off.
    Alito,

If you're turning it off inside the software, it might not work, because the program might still be running in the background. Either two of these should work: 1) ensure stopping the LED service (via services.msc) or 2) uninstalling the MSI software.

Otherwise, please send in a CPU-Z hardware report, and it may help us a better insight. Thanks.
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 04-13-2017, 07:33 PM. Reason: Added quote.

Comment

• For those looking for the pilot software (1.00.8), heres the link:
      http://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/....00.08beta.zip
      Intel i7 6700K
      Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
      32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
      Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
      (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
        Alito,

If you're turning it off inside the software, it might not work, because the program might still be running in the background. Either two of these should work: 1) ensure stopping the LED service (via services.msc) or 2) uninstalling the MSI software.

Otherwise, please send in a CPU-Z hardware report, and it may help us a better insight. Thanks.
        I uninstalled the MSI Gaming App and tried again. Unfortunately, it did not work.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Man i paid 220+€ for my 16GB RGB RAM and the software is not working. When will it fixed?
          Without the MSI Gaming App you cant control LED of the Cooler and Board, i dont think its the best solution to deinstall it. Cant you figure some ways out together with MSI? It really makes me angry, paid 160+€ for 6 corsair 120 HD RGB fans, GPU evga 1070 ftw is rgb too, but the trident z rams are destroying everything, because they only work in rainbow mode. Software isnt starting at all anymore. Pls fix that asap.

Comment

• 2 of my newly RMA'd sticks are now crap. The only thing I did was a window's update.

One out, one is stuck, wonderful.

Comment

• Originally posted by n2nshadow View Post
              2 of my newly RMA'd sticks are now crap. The only thing I did was a window's update.

One out, one is stuck, wonderful.
              Yea that's why I'm not even gonna bother with an RMA. Seeing how easily the RAM goes dark it doesn't seem worth it to go through all that just to have the RAM go dark again!

Gonna chalk it up to a loss at this point. The RGB RAM was a good idea but a very bad execution for the end consumer.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroCrusher View Post
                Yea that's why I'm not even gonna bother with an RMA. Seeing how easily the RAM goes dark it doesn't seem worth it to go through all that just to have the RAM go dark again!

Gonna chalk it up to a loss at this point. The RGB RAM was a good idea but a very bad execution for the end consumer.
                At least it still does ram things.. just looks like ****

Comment

• Warning, this might be a long read, I'm sorry, that's just what I do. Oh and i'm french so there might be some weird and faulty stuff going on in my text, just go with it and forgive me, please ?
                  PS : i'll summ' it up ending the post for those of you who don't want to read me.

Comput specs :
                  32 4x8 GB g.skill 3200 CL14
                  MSI Godlike gaming Carbon X99
                  I76800K
                  GTX 1080

Bought a 4x8 GB kit mid- February and everything worked just fine (well, the rainbow worked fine since I'm on a X99 MOBO). I knew the ram was young and so, when I saw that the software coming with it was in beta phase 1.00.08 I was like : "m'key, no problems, I can wait." (Ok, I downloaded it to see if it could magically work even on X99 board just to see for myself... And then I waited. Wouldn't you have ?)

One month later, came the second beta phase 1.00.16 late march and then, everything just worked splendidly ! Colors, colors everywhere !

Sadly for me, my fiancée tried MSI gaming APP on her cellphone to mess with me (yeah, she does that) and at that moment, wouldn't you know ? 2 of the 4 sticks went off, -SNAP- just like that.
                  You can imagine, I was like : "F*ckme ! What - the - f*ck - did you just do with my money ?!" But wait- I'm a patient and thorough guy so, I checked if my ram was still working and active on my system : It was, so I calmed down and started to think.

Then, I rode these posts and found out it was bound to happen eventually : I use both MSI gaming APP and CAM for my NZXT Kraken X62, t'was only a matter of time before **** would get real. She couldn't know, nor could I : honest mistake.

This out of the way, I did everything that G.SKILL proposed us to do to fix it. Power off, power cable off, LED services reboot etc, default setting so on and so forth.

With this method I got unlucky : on the previously 2 sticks working out of 4, this time, only 1 remained on after doing all of this (so 3 sticks out, thank you !).
                  And now, I was loosing my temper. But, don't fret, said I - you can solve this. Contacted the RMA to seek guidance and explain my predicament but I got the old "DID YOU DO THE TEN FIXING STEPS WE POSTED ON THE FORUMS ?"
                  I mean, come on... I wrote that I did. And I did. And, of course I would do it... Moving on.

So, I told to myself : "You're not alone in this but you're gonna have to think for yourself..." And then, an idea stroke : "What if, the only memory slot working and which is accessible via the software, could still be accessible but, with a different memory stick ?"
                  And it freaking worked.
                  Let me explain myself : I removed all of my ram, including the led-working one and then, placed one stick of ram not lit-up in its stead, just one at the time (luckily for me, I only have 32GB and 4 modules, if I had 64 and then 8 modules, god, that would have been so annoying and for those of you who do, I feel your pain).

You reboot, you bios freaks out and asks you what the f*ck your doing with your ram or CPU, you just go and set a default preset for it so it calms down and you go to your desktop.
                  Now, I started the software again (not easily in fact : the AsLedService was stopped and didn't want to run again, I had to manually set it up so it wouldn't automatically shut itself down after launch) and set the stick Off and On again until it went back to life. Then setted it to default settings and did the same same twice more for the rest of my modules.

Now, everything is lit, everything is on rainbow mod (a victory considering I had only 1 working out of 4 last night) - BUT- the software is still unable to control at least 2 of the memory sticks (they aren't synced at all as a matter of fact) and after restarting my computer, I got welcomed by this familiar message : "No G.SKILL DRAM modules found on your computer system, program will be terminated" which is the exact same error I got when I tried to install the 1.00.08 beta before the patch in late march bringing X99 support.

In short : 2 out of 4 sticks not lightning up then with every step followed only 1 out of 4 and then with my method 4 out of 4 with only two manageable via G.SKILL soft (And then, you can't open the soft any more).
                  If you want to try my method, I would like it if you could post the results on the forum so I'll know if it was just a struck of luck or if it's definitely working.

To summ' it up for those who rode it all and those who didn't :

Step one : Identify the slot in which you ram module is still accessible via the G.SKILL software and working.
                  (Step pre-two : Shut you computer and power down you damn fools o_O.)
                  Step two : Remove all of the ram and mount the non working ones (one at the time) in that same slot.
                  Step three : Restart after at least 2 or 3 minutes, reconfigure your bios to default and get to desktop.
                  Step four : Open G.SKILL software (If it doesn't work go to services and try to set the AsLedService permanently on) and set the ram to default and try to go ON/OFF with it a few times until the light comes up.
                  Rinse and repeat.
                  Step five : Share the results in here for everyone.

The following day - Update : After clean uninstall and reinstall of the software 1.00.16 version, I got the program to run again without error message but I still can only control 2 of my 4 ram modules. They are lit-up but unmanageable. And I fear that if I touch anything again trying to get a better result, I'd lose all that I did. So I'll leave it at that, for now.
                  Last edited by Dorneaz; 04-18-2017, 12:55 AM. Reason: correcting

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorneaz View Post
                    Warning, this might be a long read, I'm sorry, that's just what I do. Oh and i'm french so there might be some weird and faulty stuff going on in my text, just go with it and forgive me, please ?
                    PS : i'll summ' it up ending the post for those of you who don't want to read me.

Comput specs :
                    32 4x8 GB g.skill 3200 CL14
                    MSI Godlike gaming Carbon X99
                    I76800K
                    GTX 1080

Bought a 4x8 GB kit mid- February and everything worked just fine (well, the rainbow worked fine since I'm on a X99 MOBO). I knew the ram was young and so, when I saw that the software coming with it was in beta phase 1.00.08 I was like : "m'key, no problems, I can wait." (Ok, I downloaded it to see if it could magically work even on X99 board just to see for myself... And then I waited. Wouldn't you have ?)

One month later, came the second beta phase 1.00.16 late march and then, everything just worked splendidly ! Colors, colors everywhere !

Sadly for me, my fiancée tried MSI gaming APP on her cellphone to mess with me (yeah, she does that) and at that moment, wouldn't you know ? 2 of the 4 sticks went off, -SNAP- just like that.
                    You can imagine, I was like : "F*ckme ! What - the - f*ck - did you just do with my money ?!" But wait- I'm a patient and thorough guy so, I checked if my ram was still working and active on my system : It was, so I calmed down and started to think.

Then, I rode these posts and found out it was bound to happen eventually : I use both MSI gaming APP and CAM for my NZXT Kraken X62, t'was only a matter of time before **** would get real. She couldn't know, nor could I : honest mistake.

This out of the way, I did everything that G.SKILL proposed us to do to fix it. Power off, power cable off, LED services reboot etc, default setting so on and so forth.

With this method I got unlucky : on the previously 2 sticks working out of 4, this time, only 1 remained on after doing all of this (so 3 sticks out, thank you !).
                    And now, I was loosing my temper. But, don't fret, said I - you can solve this. Contacted the RMA to seek guidance and explain my predicament but I got the old "DID YOU DO THE TEN FIXING STEPS WE POSTED ON THE FORUMS ?"
                    I mean, come on... I wrote that I did. And I did. And, of course I would do it... Moving on.

So, I told to myself : "You're not alone in this but you're gonna have to think for yourself..." And then, an idea stroke : "What if, the only memory slot working and which is accessible via the software, could still be accessible but, with a different memory stick ?"
                    And it freaking worked.
                    Let me explain myself : I removed all of my ram, including the led-working one and then, placed one stick of ram not lit-up in its stead, just one at the time (luckily for me, I only have 32GB and 4 modules, if I had 64 and then 8 modules, god, that would have been so annoying and for those of you who do, I feel your pain).

You reboot, you bios freaks out and asks you what the f*ck your doing with your ram or CPU, you just go and set a default preset for it so it calms down and you go to your desktop.
                    Now, I started the software again (not easily in fact : the AsLedService was stopped and didn't want to run again, I had to manually set it up so it wouldn't automatically shut itself down after launch) and set the stick Off and On again until it went back to life. Then setted it to default settings and did the same same twice more for the rest of my modules.

Now, everything is lit, everything is on rainbow mod (a victory considering I had only 1 working out of 4 last night) - BUT- the software is still unable to control at least 2 of the memory sticks (they aren't synced at all as a matter of fact) and after restarting my computer, I got welcomed by this familiar message : "No G.SKILL DRAM modules found on your computer system, program will be terminated" which is the exact same error I got when I tried to install the 1.00.08 beta before the patch in late march bringing X99 support.

In short : 2 out of 4 sticks not lightning up then with every step followed only 1 out of 4 and then with my method 4 out of 4 with only two manageable via G.SKILL soft (And then, you can't open the soft any more).
                    If you want to try my method, I would like it if you could post the results on the forum so I'll know if it was just a struck of luck or if it's definitely working.

To summ' it up for those who rode it all and those who didn't :

Step one : Identify the slot in which you ram module is still accessible via the G.SKILL software and working.
                    (Step pre-two : Shut you computer and power down you damn fools o_O.)
                    Step two : Remove all of the ram and mount the non working ones (one at the time) in that same slot.
                    Step three : Restart after at least 2 or 3 minutes, reconfigure your bios to default and get to desktop.
                    Step four : Open G.SKILL software (If it doesn't work go to services and try to set the AsLedService permanently on) and set the ram to default and try to go ON/OFF with it a few times until the light comes up.
                    Rinse and repeat.
                    Step five : Share the results in here for everyone.
                    This seems to me like it might actually work, I'm gonna give it a go and post back.

Not having much luck here. I did have one lite back up but the other would not detect. Then when I moved it back it was out again.. I give up.
                    Last edited by n2nshadow; 04-17-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• One of my rams(2X8Gb) stopped working as well. The bottom of the ram emits a dark blue glow while the rest is black, my other ram works. I'm having some problems doing the steps, the restart the asledservice keeps giving me a error. I've tried uninstalling aura uninstalling GSKill software, restart, but the service is still there(not running)

Asus hero Ix newest bios
                      Trident z rgb 2X8 3200

Comment

• I've tried everything suggested, uninstalled all other software related to lighting control, completely uninstalled all g.skill software (including registry, etc.), took out cmos battery for 20 minutes, switched dims around, and a mixture of all of the above. even tried installing aura software. Nothing I do can make the software detect my ram. The software worked once on the very first install but after that nothing.

I can't RMA as it's my only computer and need it for work so I guess I'm at the mercy of the long wait for software updates....

Specs:
                        Gigabyte x370 k7 (f3 bios)
                        F4-3000C16D-16GTZR
                        Gigabyte aorus 1080ti xtreme gaming

Software used that might have conflicted initial setup:
                        CAM (kraken x62)
                        Gigabytes RGB fusion (Mobo & GPU)

I'll continue to try new things and update if anything happens...

Comment

• Originally posted by Setsunai View Post
                          One of my rams(2X8Gb) stopped working as well. The bottom of the ram emits a dark blue glow while the rest is black, my other ram works. I'm having some problems doing the steps, the restart the asledservice keeps giving me a error. I've tried uninstalling aura uninstalling GSKill software, restart, but the service is still there(not running)

Asus hero Ix newest bios
                          Trident z rgb 2X8 3200
                          If the "Asledservice" is still there, try removing it by going to our G.SKILL software installer package, and go into "Trident Z RGB Control v1.00.16 BETA\AsLedService\" and then double click on "ARASUninstall.exe" file to remove the service. The AsLedService should disappear after running the uninstall and rebooting.

If the service is still running, send us a screenshot of where it shows the running service and send it to techsupport@gskill.com.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rckyzizu View Post
                            I've tried everything suggested, uninstalled all other software related to lighting control, completely uninstalled all g.skill software (including registry, etc.), took out cmos battery for 20 minutes, switched dims around, and a mixture of all of the above. even tried installing aura software. Nothing I do can make the software detect my ram. The software worked once on the very first install but after that nothing.

I can't RMA as it's my only computer and need it for work so I guess I'm at the mercy of the long wait for software updates....

Specs:
                            Gigabyte x370 k7 (f3 bios)
                            F4-3000C16D-16GTZR
                            Gigabyte aorus 1080ti xtreme gaming

Software used that might have conflicted initial setup:
                            CAM (kraken x62)
                            Gigabytes RGB fusion (Mobo & GPU)

I'll continue to try new things and update if anything happens...
                            Hi,

We've tested on the Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7 here with no issues. Maybe there's another conflict elsewhere. Would you mind having the modules installed, and sending us a CPU-Z report in TXT (You can do this in the About tab) to techsupport@gskill with your forum username and a link to this thread? This is so that we can explore any possibilities as to why this issue is occurring. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                              If the "Asledservice" is still there, try removing it by going to our G.SKILL software installer package, and go into "Trident Z RGB Control v1.00.16 BETA\AsLedService\" and then double click on "ARASUninstall.exe" file to remove the service. The AsLedService should disappear after running the uninstall and rebooting.

If the service is still running, send us a screenshot of where it shows the running service and send it to techsupport@gskill.com.

Thanks.
                              ive managed to unistall the service but at around the last step, when i open it the first time its gives me a error(which is what is supposed to happen) but the second time i open it i still get sent to docter dump. no matter how many times i try to open the software at the last step it will not open, reset services nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Setsunai View Post
                                ive managed to unistall the service but at around the last step, when i open it the first time its gives me a error(which is what is supposed to happen) but the second time i open it i still get sent to docter dump. no matter how many times i try to open the software at the last step it will not open, reset services nothing
                                Setsunai,

Was the v1.00.08 beta installed at any point in time? Send a copy of your CPU-Z report in txt (export from About tab) to techsupport@gskill.com with your forum name in the email. We'll check it out.

In the meantime, it seems like the software is crashing for some reason. Please uninstall the software, and make sure the "AsLedService" is not running in services, and make sure the following directories are deleted or do not exist after the uninstallation:
                                C:\Program Files (x86)\AsLedService
                                C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL International Enterprise\GSkill
                                Then shut down, disconnect the power cord for two minutes (any longer is not necessary), and the connect the power cord and boot again. And before installing the v1.00.16 software, please do check that the motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest version.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X