Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion to localize the wrong component...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about

tRRD 8
    tRFC 278
    tWR 16
    tRTP 9
    tFAW 30
    tWTR 9

and others the same, DRAM 1.7, VCCSA 1.15, VCCIO 1.2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      How about

tRRD 8
      tRFC 278
      tWR 16
      tRTP 9
      tFAW 30
      tWTR 9

and others the same, DRAM 1.7, VCCSA 1.15, VCCIO 1.2
      Thank you very very much Tradesman for your help but also it is a NO-GO...

Maybe I have the unique M5G + TridentX combo faulty?!?!

Comment

May be stuck until they get the BIOS straightened out, there's alot of mobos out there like this, doesn't appear the manufacturers expected people to be getting big, fast sets and they just aren't ready for them, I know I had to work with ASRock on both my P67 and my Z77 before they got a BIOS out to run 16/32GB sets of 2133/2400 and they were advertising up to 32GB of 2800 at the time (yet their tech folks didn't even have a single 32GB set over 1600 and no sets 2400 or better except for a 4GB set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

May be stuck until they get the BIOS straightened out, there's alot of mobos out there like this, doesn't appear the manufacturers expected people to be getting big, fast sets and they just aren't ready for them, I know I had to work with ASRock on both my P67 and my Z77 before they got a BIOS out to run 16/32GB sets of 2133/2400 and they were advertising up to 32GB of 2800 at the time (yet their tech folks didn't even have a single 32GB set over 1600 and no sets 2400 or better except for a 4GB set
          Strange thing is someone with my same mobo will can boot 4x8Gb sticks (32Gb total) @ 2400Mhz without problems!

I am nearly sure it is a BIOS issue because behaviour has been changed with your tricks modifying second and third timings.

Comment

They may have been like me and worked with it and found a combo, or if on a form or review, were just saying they did , have found a lot of that going around in different forums

Tman

Comment

They may have been like me and worked with it and found a combo, or if on a form or review, were just saying they did , have found a lot of that going around in different forums
              For now I'm working @1600 CL7-8-8-22 1T but is a fairy downclock for this type of RAMs

Comment

When I get back later this evening I'll go through this whole thing again and see if I can find something missed

Tman

Comment

When I get back later this evening I'll go through this whole thing again and see if I can find something missed
                  Thank you very much for your help.

If it can help, yestarday I've tried to force 2133Mhz frequency setting manually first, second and third timings, setting the value "4" for Transmitter Slew (CHA) and (CHB) and "5" for the Receiver Slew (CHA) and (CHB).

I've also disabled DRAM Write Additional Swizzle.

All these will let the PC POST but crash during the Windows loading logo with a blue screen.

P.S. My 3770k is @ 4.8Ghz with 1,39V , LLC Very High
                  Last edited by m4x!; 08-02-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Try not to change any settings you don't absolutely need. For example, LLC does not need to be very high for 4.8GHz.

Where did you get the new CPU? This is a strange problem, it should work just fine. Which slots do you have the memory installed in? Did you try one at a time to see if it can boot? Maybe a bad stick?

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      Try not to change any settings you don't absolutely need. For example, LLC does not need to be very high for 4.8GHz.

Where did you get the new CPU? This is a strange problem, it should work just fine. Which slots do you have the memory installed in? Did you try one at a time to see if it can boot? Maybe a bad stick?

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      Unfortunatly set LLC past "Very High" setting will cause me a lot of Vdrop and WHEA errors in Event viewer log.

The CPU is a retail sample tested in another rig successfully with 2800Mhz memories, currently I've installed in A2_B2 red slots of MB but I've tested it individually without problems with 2 full passes of Memtest86+ 4.20

Comment

Hopefully GSkill Tech has an idea or two, he should be back in Monday, I'll drop him a line as a reminder, but I'm lost..unless mobo, sticks or CPU is bad.....one thought, did you check CPU and socket for any possible thermal compound getting in the socket or on bottom of CPU...or bent/broken pins in socket?

Tman

Comment

Hopefully GSkill Tech has an idea or two, he should be back in Monday, I'll drop him a line as a reminder, but I'm lost..unless mobo, sticks or CPU is bad.....one thought, did you check CPU and socket for any possible thermal compound getting in the socket or on bottom of CPU...or bent/broken pins in socket?
                          Nothing, all is flawless.

Is it possible that my CPU IMC cannot support >1300Mhz frequencies?

Comment

While possible, if that would be the case I'd look to RMA the CPU, I haven't heard of a 3770K yet that couldn't run 2133

Tman

Comment

While possible, if that would be the case I'd look to RMA the CPU, I haven't heard of a 3770K yet that couldn't run 2133
                              Sure, but Memtest86+ will report issues also with 1600/1866 on single stick test @ stock timings.

Look at my CPU, i don't think I have some problems here...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LLC set to High (50%), VCCIO/VCCSA set Auto, CPU PLL at 1,40V, Fixed Voltage at 1,42V , all CPU C states Enabled.

Memory is downclocked to 1333Mhz with screenshot timings stable.

Comment

Might try w/ C states disabled, and C1E enabled,

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X