Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL and Rampage IV Extreme issue

Hi,

Recently hitting error with G Skill F3-14900CL9-4GBZL 16GB and Rampage IV Extreme. Once a while my system pop up "System unstable. Your CPU Ratio may be down at 12x due to unsuitable conditions."

The R4E already with the latest bios no oc. I even manually set the DRAM to 1600MHz @ 9-10-9-28-2T with voltage 1.5v. This could happen once every few days and always need to go into bios press F10 and reboot again.

Thank you.

Is it a single 16GB set or 2 8GB sets. If a single package set, should be able to enable XMP and be good to go...with 2 8GB sets may have raise the MC voltage (think it's CPUVTT or VTTCPU, maybe just VTT about .05 and DRAM voltage about the same (may need to do same w/ a single 16GB set, they've had BIOS problems with their X79 mobos)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Is it a single 16GB set or 2 8GB sets. If a single package set, should be able to enable XMP and be good to go...with 2 8GB sets may have raise the MC voltage (think it's CPUVTT or VTTCPU, maybe just VTT about .05 and DRAM voltage about the same (may need to do same w/ a single 16GB set, they've had BIOS problems with their X79 mobos)
      Mine is the 4X4GB set. Sorry, the part number at the title are the individual ram part number. The actual part number for the ram package are F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL. I do not over clock, so I always set it at 1600MHz.

Thank youi.
      Last edited by lenehan; 07-19-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

No problem, keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I reset the bios and now the the system shown I am running 11-11-11-28 1T @1600MHz. I am getting confused now what went wrong. I though the ram should run at 9-10-9-28 @1600MHz by default. No OC, Intel speed step and turbo mode off.

Any advise? Thank you.

Edit: RAM voltage @ 1.52v
          Last edited by lenehan; 07-21-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you try enabling XMP?

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you try enabling XMP?
              My R4E have the latest BIOS 1404. Running XMP not an issue as I tested it somtimes back. My question is, if the RAM can run at XMP @ 9-10-9-28 2T 1.5v, but once I go back to default it to 1600MHz (Auto in bios) it will turn out to be 11-11-11-28 1T in aida64.

Thank you.

Comment

If not running XMP, and not setting manually, then the sticks go to the mobo default, suggest manually setting the freq to 1600 and for timings at 1600, try 8-9-8-28 2T initially which will be a performance boost @ 1600...as to aida it may well just be reading the default boot timings off the mobo, similar to CPU-Z reading the the default boot info and placing it in it's MAX MEM tab of the memory TAB of CPU-Z, see info post:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

Tman

Comment

If not running XMP, and not setting manually, then the sticks go to the mobo default, suggest manually setting the freq to 1600 and for timings at 1600, try 8-9-8-28 2T initially which will be a performance boost @ 1600...as to aida it may well just be reading the default boot timings off the mobo, similar to CPU-Z reading the the default boot info and placing it in it's MAX MEM tab of the memory TAB of CPU-Z, see info post:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565
                  Thank you. Will try in when I get home.

Comment

Let me know, I'll be around

Tman

Comment

Not sure if this question relateted to the ram or R4E. When I set the bios for the RAM to auto. The mobo will default 11-11-11-28 @1.67v. Thank you.

Comment

Yes, as stated before, that is what the mobo is defaulting to - YOU have to set the sticks manually (ea timing and the voltage) to run at the timings I mentioned - else set XMP and let it run them

Tman

Comment

Yes, as stated before, that is what the mobo is defaulting to - YOU have to set the sticks manually (ea timing and the voltage) to run at the timings I mentioned - else set XMP and let it run them
                          Thank you.

Comment

No problem, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Following your guide and so far it stable as it is. Hope it stay that way. Thank again for your help on this issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X