Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL memory modules at 2133 Mhz ( or higher ??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 2400 coming next?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That is aiming too high...........I'm satisfied now

Greetz TC

Comment

Keep in touch and glad all is well

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Mail from Asrock

Got an email from ASRock Europe B.V.

Hello,

That is good news Thanks for the feedback!

I agree that it now seems BIOS related. At least a fix seems possible by means of a BIOS modification
          You can expect all modifications from BIOS L2.01 to be implemented in the next official BIOS release. I am not sure yet when it will be released, but I expect it will be before the end of October. If L2.01 is stable for you then you can simply stick to this version.

I read the entire thread on the G.Skill forum. Memory manufacturers are constantly developing new modules. While most modules will work without any effort, some modules might require some tweaking in the BIOS to work properly (hence the modification in BIOS L2.01); I think that this is normal.

Best regards,

ASRock Support

ASRock Europe B.V.

Bijsterhuizen 3151

6604 LV Wijchen

The Netherlands

Sent: 28 August 2012 14:47

To: ASRock Support

Subject: Re: G.Skill - Ripjaws-X F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL 2133 mhz profile

Greetz TC

Comment

Hopefully they'll move it along even quicker, thanx for the update!

Tman

Comment

Hi fiatuno49

really thanks for the update, and you may try the 2400Mhz after the new BIOS release!
              let us know if you have any problem, will working with you to get better performance as well.

Comment

Hello,
                My first time posting here. I have this same issue, only I have the EVGA Z77-FTW and the F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR Sniper Series 4x4 kit. All I can do is run it at 2000 or lower. If I set it to 2133 it runs fine until I do a cold boot in which it immediately gives a post code 23 and a reboot loop. I then have to clear CMOS. I know it is a bios issue and seeing that Asrock was able to come out with an updated bios to resolve the issue is very encouraging for me. I just hope that EVGA can do the same, otherwise I wasted $130. I really wish I had gotten the Trident X but its my own fault. I should have researched a little better. It is great memory though. All 4 sticks memtest verified at 2000 MHz.

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings, we might be able to find something in the timings or voltages...also may want to check the sticks individually with Memtest to make sure all are good (4-5 passes on each stick)

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I am working tonight but I will post everything tomorrow. Hopefully you may be able to see something that I and so many others can't seem to figure out with our memory and this motherboard. Will post back. Thanks again.

Comment

No problem, will be in Wed briefly in the AM, then out on site for awhile and back early afternoon

Tman

Comment

Sorry that I am just now getting back to you. The product manager for EVGA has contacted us and said they are aware of the 4 DIMM issues at high frequency. He said they are working directly with G. Skill to try to resolve. Guess I will just ride it out and run my memory at 1600 for the time being.

Comment

Glad they got back to you, even better they are working w/ GSkill on the issue, I know their tech folks have helped a number of mobo makers on their BIOS issues, especially with high freq and density stick issues.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X