No announcement yet.

Help with RAM timings and BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be waiting to hear, I'm in and out basically every day, at least for a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by gr1msag3 View Post
      hey guys, so ya, i am running the same F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR set of sticks.

i have a Biostar TA990FXE, according to the box, mobo manual and neweggs website this board is capable of running these sticks, and it did for quite a while. i was looking through the bios about 3 weeks ago, and i noticed the SPD settings for my ram were running at 9-11-10-28.

the sticker on the ram(both sticks) and the package itself say they are stock 9-10-9-28. so i adjusted the timings to what is says on the label... next thing i know i get no video...reset bios...STILL no video, reseat sticks and unplug computer altogether, wait a good 5 min, pull the cmos battery for over a minute, put it all back together(properly)...STILL no video, vid card tested good and i am in fact using it RIGHT NOW in another box...im a comp sci major...i cant afford to NOT have a pc ffs lol.

any idea what i did wrong, they were in dual channel mode...idk if that would make a difference or not but worth mentioning just in case. also, i tried each stick separately in all 4 slots and together in ever mix of slots...no video under ANY test. any thoughts? Thanks in advance
      Did you clear CMOS?
      AMD's Official AM3/AM2+/AM2 Performance Tuning Guide

AMD's Official FX AM3+ Performance Tuning Guide

Comment

Working...
      X