No announcement yet.

F3-17000CL9-4GBXM and TZ68A+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might check w/ friends and or co workers, a lot of off the shelf systems people buy use 1333, see if you can borrow sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Have you played with VCCIO voltage?

It may not be necessary to find different RAM. Your current sticks should have standard JEDEC 1333MHz specs programmed in the SPD, just disable XMP and set timings to auto. If the mobo doesn't read them correctly manually set 9-9-9-24-2T.

Comment

The Problem Is Solved!

Well it was not the CPU. Did more testing and the i3 was getting errors. I forgot to test it with prime95.

The way I fixed it was.............I went and bought an ASRock Z77 Pro3 Motherboard.

Everything works as it should and better. Having a good working board made everything easy.

XMP - Worked first time without a hitch.
        CPU Overclocking - worked better than on the old board. In the Biostar I could not get much past 3.8GHz without errors cropping up. I am easily at 4.0GHz and cool to boot.
        SSD Caching - On Biostar the system would lose the SSD every time I rebooted. Went through a few SSD's before I figured out it was not the drives. Now it works great.

This was the second Biostar Motherboard I have owned in my life. The first one was just as big a disaster as this one was. Needless to say it was the last time I purchase a Biostar.

I must say, this is my first ASRock Motherboard and I could not be happier. There are certain little things they did that just make sense and you wonder why they did not do it earlier. The SATA ports are grouped in pairs and inverted so you can access the retaining clip on any one of them. Ever try to pull the middle one out when they are stacked 4 in a row. Can't. Have to remove them all. Moved the video card down one slot. Now I have room to get my Heat sink on without any hassle.

Thank You for the ASRock tip. It is my new Motherboard maker. My Computer is now screaming fast. Anyone want to buy a used Motherboard?

Comment

Glad to hear all is well and your happy with the ASRock, I've had good luck w/ them.....the BioStar could make an interesting paperweight

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X