Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 + Phenom II x2 550 BE and 4x 2GB G.KILL F3-12800CL7D - BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 + Phenom II x2 550 BE and 4x 2GB G.KILL F3-12800CL7D - BSOD

Dear Experts,

Please help me;

I have unlocked 4 cores on the Phenom II x2 550 Black Edition using the Motherboard M4A79XTD EVO AM3.

Initially I ran 2x2gb DDR3 G.SKILL 12800CL7D ram. I then bought another 2 sticks, identical make. I tried installing but got BSOD, I knew i had issues back then so I ended up removing one stick. So I ran the system with 2x on dual channel and 1 x on one of the 2 additional slots.

Recently I upgraded to an SSD and made a clean, fresh installation following typical guides etc. Right away I ran into major issues. I tried installing with all 4 sticks and got mass BSOD each time during installation, until I remember my issued a while ago. So I removed a single stick and it worked flawlessly.

Now, I am trying to reinstall the sticks and keep getting issues. It just wont accept the 4rth Stick. I don't think it is a hardware problem as I ran windows diagnostic tests on EXTENDED, several passes - over night. No problems on the logs the next day.

Besides, I had replaced each stick randomly and used each of the slots on the motherboard and got same result.

I read somewhere that If I dont configure my memory correctly in BIOS< it may cause BSOD. So I checked my BIOS and found that everything was set to AUTO and hence it will make everything run at slowest rates.

My CPU is set through the overdrive at 17x multiplier, 3.4ghz at 1.5v. But I think this is irrelevant since the rest of the hardware is not configured.

I attach screenshots of my BIOS settings and cpu. Please advise me on what to set these to. I simply want to oveclock my CPU slightly (3.4ghz at 17x multiplier and have my ram run at 1600 at the specified rates that I bought them at.)

I am very frustrated and tired of wasting a whole day on this, please kindly, if you can simply give me the figures to plug into BIOS.

PS: I should add that I did use Google extensively and had attempted on several occasions to modify BIOS to the settings as shown; HT to 2.4mhz etc. But could not modify NB as I only got CPU/NB?? Anyway in most cases computer did not boot, I think because voltage not configured properly. I need to set everything manually.

PHOTOS BELOW:

http://imageshack.us/g/140/1exterior.jpg/

Want to relate this thread to this: for AMD users so this is a common case. But why only whne 4 sticks involved? When I only use 2-3 it works fine?

http://gskill.us/forum/announcement.php?f=35

Comment

Can take a look here that might help:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

and try the examples - and it is the CPU/NB on your mobo that needs to be taken up voltage wise not plain NB (your MC (Memory Controller) voltage is the CPU/NB)....in addition with your CPU may need to add a bit to the vCore voltage....I'm not positive your CPU and it's MC will be able to carry 4 sticks at 1600 with that tight CL, so may want to consider trying them at 1600 8-8-8-24 or dropping to 1333 with the tighter CL7 timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hmm, Will you help me? I have never configured stuff in BIOS and I see the voltage settings but how about my overclocking CPU, wont that be affected too?

Comment

Let's try going to the base timings for the DRAM first and set them to 8-8-8-24, DRAM freq to 1600, DRAM voltage to 1.6 and CPU/NB voltage to 1.35 and see what that does, leave everything else as it is

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hiya! Thanks for reply! I am at work now, will try the settings this evening and report back. I should mention that even though I'll leave the rest of the settings as auto in Bios, my amd overdrive utility will automatically overclick the CPU to 3.4ghz at 17x multiplier @ 200mhz base, will those voltages you secified support this?

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Dear Sir,

Thank you for helping me.

Please see the images below for my BIOS settings.

http://imageshack.us/g/715/img0788bf.jpg/

As you mentioned, I did read up about my CPU and MC not being fully cooperative with 4 dimm slots.

However I am a real novice when it comes to CPU's, Voltage, NB, CPU NB etc and top of that RAM.

Please would you kindly advise me whether it is good for me to have 3 sticks of ram (2 in dual channel and 1 single). Or if I should just stick with 2 DIMMS in dual channel - if the 3rd stick would slow them down.

Secondly how do timings work, no need for technical explanation - At default they are at 9-9-9-24 2t, I presume this is bad, but how bad is it? I do not mind running my RAM at 1333mhz with "good" timings, especially if it would enable me to run 4 dimms at same time.

PS: I read on this forum that I would need to set my CPU-NB to 2.4ghz if I wanted to run ram at 1600mhz? If so, I should adjust the voltages, but how much? What are the maximum safest voltages - I might as well set them there and at least that way I would know if its possible or not rather than increasing bit by bit?

Regards,

Comment

I fear that I am getting crashes. Memory not stable.

Comment

CPU/NB freq is at 2200 take it to 2400

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X