Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL/w3680/rampage 2 extrem

Hello,

a few weeks ago i brought this Kit: F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL.

Till today and after testing much, my system is not 100% stable.

I tested with LinX over 2 hours - > no errors!
    I testet with Memtest 5 hours -> no errors!

It seems that i have only problems with BSOD's reference_by_pointer in BF3.

Bios Settings:
    QPI 1,28 V
    Ram 1,55 V

This system was stable till i put this kit in.

I don't know what i should do next. I'm working in a single stick-test, but this will take

much time.

What else can i do to find the error causer?

The system is new installed all drivers are up to date.

Thanks in advanced!

Greetting from Germany,

Error1

Is it the only set in the system or is it mixed with another set, if mixed may need to raise DRAM and/or MC voltages....If only set, nake sure you have the latest BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1600 profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It's one 24Gb Kit!

Sure, i run the latest Bios - the kit runs @ stock 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 2N

I tried to load the XMP Profile, but the voltages are extrem high DRAM over 1,8V!

That can't be the solution.

Comment

Nope the BIOS isn't right or something, these are 1.5 sticks....might clear the CMOS (there's a jumper on the mobo, should be instructions in the manual)...then try enabling XMP and see what it does...it may set them a little high but should be in the 1.5 to 1.55 range - if not somethings wrong with the mobo/BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, i will try it after my work.

Comment

Drop us a heads up on how it goes

Tman

Comment

So i am at home and have load the XMP profile after a CMOS clear.

All values seems to be good, but the DRAM voltage is still near 1,8V after loading the profile.

I reduced it to 1,52V(Bios value).

Is it right that the timings are now 9-11-11-28 2N. Is that the price i have to pay for 24Gb? Or is the profile

not right programmed?

Are 1,2V QPI enough for the 6 Sticks und Slots?

Comment

No these are 9-9-9-28, 1.5, am guessing the BIOS isn't ready for them via XMP, can try manually setting the timings and voltage, in which case the advanced timings should set up automatically, if that doesn't work either may want to contact the mobo maker and see when they plan to update the BIOS to handle larger sets like this with XMP

Tman

Comment

At the GSkill product homepage is the following written:
                  http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=265

I have the asus rampage 2 extreme and i brought this kit, because i don't want to have the

problems that i currently have.

So how can it be that the Bios is not ready for this kit?

Comment

May be a bad mobo or CPU - I'd lean towards mobo, as I said earlier they should be fine, the passed memtest - can you try other sticks if available or if you could borrow some

Tman

Comment

What does it mean "other sticks"?
                      I have no chance to get a other Kit with 24 Gb.
                      Currently i am running my old 6gb kit.
                      Till yet no problems.

Next and last Test befor a make rma is 12 Gb triple channel.
                      When this don't run too, i will give up!

Comment

By other 'sticks', I'm referring to a different set of DRAM DIMMS

Tman

Comment

I should by new sticks, because i have different Sticks? What about warranty?

I bought them as one 24 gb kit, this only possible when Gskill make a mistake.

And what i should make with the old kit? RMA?

Comment

I'm saying try testing with other sticks if you have or can borrow them from someone with a similar set to see if it's possibly mobo or CPU or PSU

Tman

Comment

Yesterday i got an error with the old ram. So it seems that the ram isn't the causer.

That is realy strange! I suspect the vidiocard and its driver.

Seems that my overclocking is not stable with the last nvidia drivers. Thats is a strange hazard, that it

happend simultaneously with the kit change.

I thank you for your effort with me!

Comment

Working...
                              X