No announcement yet.

EVGA Z77 FTW and g skill trident x 2666

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go ahead and try, sounds like you're keeping track of timings, etc (so keep those written down and near), might contact the Mobo maker and ask if they are working on the BIOS for the thing

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am going to buy a secOnd set and see how it goes prior to RMA. Might mix set to get four good ones. Thanks for your help. If I have problems getting four to run,I will check back. In fact I will post my success for others if they work

Comment

Sounds good, will be looking forward to it, and I'm sure it will help others

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, follow up on this. The 2666 4x4 gb set won't work on my z77. First CPU I had, the 3770k would only run two of these in the red slots at 2400. I purchased a new 3770k and a new set of 4 dimms. With the new CPU, the IMC will allow 2800 stable on all the dimms in pairs in the red slots. I tested all dimms at 2800 in pairs and they all pass memtest.

When I put 4 dimms in the four slots and put in the frequency, I get post 55 error. The z77 EVGA motherboard sets all voltages and timings when you put in the frequency of 2666

I called tech support and they told me to try both XMP profiles and neither work with 4 dimms.

The only frequncies that do work with these dimms is 2200 and below. 2400 gets past code 50 but the timings are wrong and that frequency errors in memtest. I wish 2666 would work with the EVGA FtW z77 butmiventried about everything. I've tried two CPU, the second one allowing 2800 in pairs and two sets of four dimms. All passed memtest when placed in pairs.

What to do? I paid for 2666 and I'm only getting 2200

Comment

Btw, I've tried CPU OC of 4.6 and 4.8

Comment

I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look.

Tman

Comment

Much appreciated. I know of several others who are struggling with this board getting 2400 and over. Seems XMP profiles are not working on the Z77 FTW

Comment

Have seen issues w/ the BIOS in a few EVGA mobos over the last few years, which is why I tend to shy away from them

Tman

Comment

Hmmm, comforting

Comment

Sorry bout that, and that's just me and my opinion, just seems that they rush the mobos out and then take their time to get the BIOS up to snuff, where as other mobo makers like Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock and others really seem to jump on things, while EVGA just seems to sit back and say 'not our problem'....I used to build on a good number of their mobos, but since about when the 55 chipset came out, they just wouldn't respond for support and then always blamed the DRAM or the CPU (and in most cases, with me anyway, I had put both the DRAM and the CPU in 2 or more different mobos with no problem what so ever

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X