EVGA Z77 FTW and g skill trident x 2666

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA Z77 FTW and g skill trident x 2666

I have the G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2666 (PC3 21300) Desktop Memory Model F3-2666C11Q-16GTXD

So far, 2133 works at 1.65 volts tested stable. I cannot get these to run at 2666. Manually set, not using XMP, memory timings at 11-13-13-35 or auto timings, does not post and you get post code 23. When the memory and timings are set to 2666, the board will auto volt vccio and VSA to 1.25 and sets Power management frequency to .8 volts. It does this by itself. I've also reduced these from 1.25 in .25 increments down to 1.1 and same results.

I have also tried to relax timing to 15-15-15-40 and set tertiary timings to all 5s as recommended on our forums by a guy that was able to reach 2666....I sent a PM to him for an explanation but no reply yet. Those relaxed timings above and I Still get code 23. I can get 2400 to post but it's not stable at 1.65 volts in memtest to about pass 6. I believe it also defaults to the above mentioned voltages.

If these dimms are stable in memtest at 2133, then I have good dimms, correct or do I need to have newegg send me a new set?

Can anyone help to make suggestions? So far, I get either post code 55 right after bios save and exit and then post code 23

I am using bios version 1.04 beta

Forgot. I am using 3770K

Comment

Believe that mobo is only rated to 2133, what timings did you use to get stable there? 9-11-11-31 or so? Since they have the mobo rated lower, the BIOS isn't going to set things correctly for higher speeds, can you post your BIOS setting for DRAM (including advanced timings) as well as system voltages and OC setting on the CPU, and we can see if we can manually set things up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You are correct in saying its rated to 2133. However, and this is my personal opinion, that EVGA rates their boards lower than what they can actually do and in fact they have run dimms on this board much higher. 3000 I believe. As a company it is safer to advertise lower speeds because people will come to expect what you tell them.

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1817

I will post your request a little later this morning on those setting. This board has threes bios chips and right now, I'm on bios two at stock settings just trying to get the memory clocked to it default of 2666. Bios one has an overclock of 4.8 ghz at vcore of 1.325 volts stable.

Comment

Ok, 2133 is on auto timings. CHA and CHB are the same
          Tcl 10
          Trcd 11
          Trp 10
          Tras 30
          Trrd 7
          Trtp 8
          Tfaw 35
          Twcl 8
          Command 2

Second timings at
          CHA. ChB
          Twr. 16. 16
          Trfc. 145. 145
          Trefi. 7936. 7936
          Twtr. 8. 8
          Tcke. 6. 6

Third timings

Trrdr. 2. 2
          Trrdd. 4. 4
          Twwdr. 4. 4
          Twwdd. 4. 4
          Trwsr. 4. 4
          Trwdrdd. 5. 5
          Twrdrdd. 2. 2
          Trrsr. 4. 4
          Twwsr. 4. 4

Multiplier 48
          Vcore 1.325
          Dimm 1.65
          Vccio. Auto at 1.047
          CPU vsa auto at .94
          CPU pll auto at 1.83
          Pch auto at 1.048
          PWM frequency control auto is .5

When I put in 2666 and timings of 11-13-13-35

Dimm voltage stays at 1.65
          Vccio changes by itself to 1.25
          Vsa goes to 1.25
          PWM frequency goes to .8

Dimm 1 and 2 DQ vref. Always stays at 0 mv
          Dimm 3 and 4 DQ vref. Always stays at 0 mv

This board auto adjusts the above voltages at 2666 and above

Let me know if you need more info. Bios 1 is this profile, my overclock. I can use bios 2 for stock clocks and testing dimm if needed. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Btw, I would of much rather purchased the 2X 8 gb dimms @ 2666 but can't find them at newegg in the USA

Comment

Might try initially w/ the CPU down to about 4.2-4.4 then raise the OC after the sticks are stabilized

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My preference would be to do this at stock settings with no CPU overclock to make sure they even work with this board and the 3770k at native settings. Let's work with bios two and no over clocks if we can

Comment

VCCSA looks to be stock, might try up to 1.2

Tman

Comment

Vccsa is at 1.25 at 2666 settings. It is the value above at 2133 and is stable.

Comment

To run 2133 and above requires the CPU be OCed....if you look at most of the mobos out there, ther normally identify the DRAM freqs the mobo can run, and generally add an OC to the specs to identify which will require a CPU OC, which is why you normally see like 1333, 1600, 1866 (OC), 2000 (OC), 2133 (OC), etc, this is quasi standard among the better mobo makers.

Tman

Comment

Interesting. I will work on putting an overlock on the CPU in bios 2 of around 4.2 and try from there.

I did get 2666 to register in the bios for the first time last night by raising tfaw to 27 and all tertiary timings to 5 as suggested to me on another forum. That was with only two dimms though. Just to test getting past post codes 55 and 23

Let me put in an overclock and play around

Comment

If tFAW was off, good chance tRFC is also, might check...prob need about 172

Tman

Comment

So far, 2666 @ 1.65 V. @ 11-13-13-35. Tfaw 27 and tertiary timings at all 5 has passed. VCCIO is 1.2 and VSA is 1.2. This board defaulted to 1.25 VCCIO ans VSA @ 2666 and the computer shut down at those voltages. I had to back them down. This is running two 4 gb dimms in the red slots. Passed memtest twice. Now I don't know if I should stick in the other dimms or try to tighten those tertiary and TFAW timings. Suggestions?

I'll test the second pair at this setting to make sure I have 4 stable dimms

Comment

Just discovered one dimm failed at 2666. The rest passed. In fact, all passed at 2133. Time to RMA with newegg

Comment

Working...
                              X