ASRock Z77 Extreme 9 + G.Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tradesman I am back!

I finally got those sticks to run with their specs but now they cant pass memtest86+ anymore. A friend in my forum of PC Games Hardware who is a professional overclocker told me to rise VTT voltage to 1,075V and IMC voltage to 0,95V what managed to run the XMP-profile with 1.5V. As I told, since it is running I am getting errors in memtest after arround 15-20minutes so i tried to rise DDR voltage to 1.6V but does not change the result. I am now running the XMP-profile and had no failure so far in Windows 7 but im scared of what will happen if I start to play one night.

What would you do in my situation? RMA? How fast do I get the new parts from G.Skill if I do so? Due that is my first platform with DDR3 I have no other sticks to run in an emergency mode till they come back out of RMA - maybe they could sent new ones and then I am going to sent the defectives back like I could do with my expensive Western Digital RE?s?

plz help

best regards

a sad Markus

Comment

May want to try the RMA, if within the return period of you e/re-tailer that might be best, if not will want to contact the GSkill RMA folks, in the States it's rma@gskillusa.com else rma@gskill.com....my experience with them is that you have them back within a week of them getting the sticks....as far as cross shipping you'd have to take that up with them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hmm, back in a week would be great. But as you told me I will talk to them for the details when my retailer responded to my question about cross shipping. Maybe I am going to buy a second Kit if everything fails just to run my system till they are back out of RMA - seems like most people here are very satisfied with their G.Skill-products and their support seems to be great too in those cases I have read through in the rma-threads.

also thanks again for your great support tradesman I was asking myself why you are no official G.Skill-Technican???

Comment

Wish I was, long story short, popped in about three years ago on GSkill's early SSDs and problems, and their tech people didn't seem to know a whole lot on SSDs or RAM, so started helping out with others, both just to help, but also to help me keep up with the nuances of all the different mobos/CPUs, etc out there (which I love on these forums). After they got some really good folks working support, I just kept on coming and they made me a moderator, then when the forums really started getting hit with SPAM, they made me an Administrator, so now I also screen all the new members and BAN known Spammers before they can get access to posting on the forums (rather proud of that, these forums seldom get any SPAM posted, unlike many others I check in with that always seem to have SPAM that needs to be cleaned out)....Any who, even if they got an opening, doubt they'd let me work from my shop (I'm in AZ and their support is over in CA), would be nice to turn my home remodeling/repairs business over to my son and just concentrate on my systems biz and doing support for GSkill, I really enjoy it andwould be so much easier if I had access to their testing data

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman... (hope I understood all you said correctly - my school english you know )

I am sorry to hear that but it is never to late to change something to become a G.Skills technican. You definitely would be a win for G.Skill. If you need some good reputation for the new boss just let me know.

For the completeness of the thread I made 2 screenshots with my handycam about those errors in Memtest86+ but it seems I am lucky because my retailer is pretty cool with a good support too. I decided to buy a second kit and he is sending them over to me before I have to send him the defective sticks. (only got to pay the second pair)

Hope the overclocking is working well enough with 4 DIMMs too on Ivy Bridge... my target is still above 2000 even with full capacity of my mobo. Do you have any idea how they will perform with 4 instead of 2 sticks? On my older X48 platform overclocking ability was reduced down to 50% what made my cry after I realised - hope Ivy can still manage a max of 2133 with those.

best regards

Markus

Comment

With the 3570K I'd say 4.4 should be relatively easy, 4.5 to 4.6 is achievable on air, higher than that most go to a water cooling...as to the DRAM prob 2133 without really upping the CL
              Last edited by Tradesman; 06-22-2012, 06:15 AM.

Tman

Comment

~ Monday or Tuesday I should receive my 2 new kits and then I come back with (hopefully) best results in overclocking Tradesman.

Maybe I have some questions then when RAM is stable and running so please keep the Thread open and I will tell you when I feel it is ready to be closed.

@3570K: I got the CPU stable to 4.2 GHz when I remember right - but this is without changing anything only with Multiplier. With a little bit more VCore I am sure it would go easily up to 4.5GHz maybe more but I am living in the big house of my family directly under the roof and so I really do not need any heaters in wintermonths because it is warm enough in here. Nowadays (summertime) I wonder how the 3570K could hold it temperature below 50?C in idle. Roomtemperature is arround 30-40?C sometimes even with my ventilation and hes running @4GHz arround 45-55?C not more so I think it would be enough to keep him 1-2 steps below what he can handle. The system is running 24/7/365 for the next years so this is stress enough for him.

So Tradesman... wishing you a nice weekend so far and I will check back next week to you!

cu then!

Comment

Try taking the vCore (CPU voltage up with a + .02 or .025 offset and 4.4 should be smooth (might carry 4.5 with that

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman!

I am going to tryout your settings but for now I had to take back all overclocking and settings to failsavemode because my pc crashed today 4 times completely while I was playing World of Tanks. Maybe the RAM is getting worse because he was not good before and now it had to work for me what he did not really like. ^^

As I told you I will check back next week with new RAM and hopefully successfull overclocking results.

Comment

I'll be around, looking forward to it

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman...

as I promised I give you an update how my current status is. I have just found time to test my new delivered 2x G.Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR-Kits and system is endless beeping 4 times then restart with 4 DIMMs installed. Removed 2 DIMMs and system is starting as it did before with just safe settings without other values adjusting. So I hope I get my money back from my retailer because DIMMs are not faulty and I have no use for 3 kits. (only 4 DIMM sockets dualchannel on Extreme 9)

Hope ASRock can manage a crossshiping for me too because I really need this system also for work. Anyway thanks for your help - I have allready added a comment to your "help me to do a better job" thread.

regards

Markus

Comment

Sorry to hear a bad mobo, that's always a pain, many will go ahead and cross ship if you'll provide a Credit card number to ensure return of the faulty one

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman - ITS WEEKEND!

...go and have some spare time my friend!

Yeah a bad mobo was my worst case scenario but nobody could change that for me so I will life with it.

Only thing I hoped is that I am this time the lucky guy with the superb mobo that has no failures. Q66, Athlon x2, Athlon 64 and another motherboards were faulty as I had build up those systems - every single one from ASUS but after RMA they runned for many years without any problems... that was the only reason I bought everytime again one from ASUS.

This time I would give ASRock a chance with their highend-mobos as they started within ASUS and I got again a faulty one. ironic to me ^^

Comment

Unfortunately it happens, not often, but we all seem to catch a bad component now and then....and ..(sigh)...weekends don't exist for me, even if nothing scheduled I know I'll get calls, but things are pretty clear for this weekend, have a couple quotes to give on remodeling jobs, and will prob have to go add a couple laptops to a home network, but am hoping to be able to catch the NASCAR race Sat, watching Nationwide as I type

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman!

Good to see you are still alive and very active in helping others. How are you?!

The reason I am back in the thread is - I am looking for some advice from you. My system received some updates the last weeks, I am still using the ASRock Extreme 9 (fully functional this time ^^) combined with a new 3770K and compact watercooling solution from Kraken @ 4,8GHz. Now I am trying to get those RAM to the maximum but I only got it stable @ (2133MHz)1066.5MHz, 1.65V and 10-12-10-32-2 (AUTO-settings) timings when running CPU non overclocked. Would be nice if you could give me some advice what I could do to get these settings stable together with CPU overclock. I also wanted to try to push those RAM to the limit but everytime I am changing the timings manually the system fails to boot. Auto-setting runs smoothly with the timings above but as soon as i fix those timings or change them to be fixed my system denies to start. Why do they run in Auto-mode then? oO

Hope you could give me some answers to my problems.

best regards

Markus

Comment

Working...
                                X