F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZHD Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZHD Issues

Please see my signature for a part list. I'm running F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD (4Gx4) according to the [X.M.P Manual] posted here: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=443. All other settings are set to Auto on my Asus Rampage IV Extreme.

Memtest86+ v4.2 is currently at 14 passes with 0 error. However, if I run Prime95 x64 v27.7 on Blend after about 2-3 hours I receive a rounding error. The system does not crash. Past experience and Google seem to point to memory issues when you receive rounding errors with Blend. Small FFTs does not result in an error and/or crash.

I'm running the memory exactly how it's advertised to be run. I'm not overclocking my CPU. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

UPDATE #1 (06/09/12): With the CPU at stock speed and memory at 1600 11-11-11-31-2 (1.25 VCCSA; 1.25 VTTCPU) the RAM has passed 12+ hours of Blend before I stopped it. Obviously this is a far cry from 2400. I'm going to try something between 1600 and 2400 next.

UPDATE #2 (06/09/12): With the CPU at stock speed and memory at 2133 11-11-11-31-2 (1.25 VCCSA; 1.25 VTTCPU) the RAM has passed 14+ hours of Blend before I stopped it.
    Last edited by Psychor; 06-09-2012, 11:21 PM.
    The Goods

What CPU do you have? (No signature)

You may need to boost VCCSA Voltage to see if that improves stability.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      What CPU do you have? (No signature)

You may need to boost VCCSA Voltage to see if that improves stability.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      My apologies. I'm using a 3930K - stock. I also screwed up the memory model - I own the F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD (4Gx4).

Per the guide I linked above I'm using 1.25 VCCSA. I should raise this? To what?
      Last edited by Psychor; 06-07-2012, 04:37 PM.
      The Goods

Comment

May need to raise VTTCPU (memory controller voltage) to 1.2 or so, VCCSA is OK where you currently are, once system is stable can experiment with lowering VCCSA and/or VTTCPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          May need to raise VTTCPU (memory controller voltage) to 1.2 or so, VCCSA is OK where you currently are, once system is stable can experiment with lowering VCCSA and/or VTTCPU
          VTTCPU is on AUTO which reports a current value of 1.362V. I should increase this? I thought 1.4V was the highest you wanted to go?
          The Goods

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Check that, then if you do and still problems, disable XMP and set the base timings, CR and DRAM voltage manually and try that.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Check that, then if you do and still problems, disable XMP and set the base timings, CR and DRAM voltage manually and try that.
              Yes - 1305. Ran Prim95 Blend for another few hours and once again had a rounding error. This is getting annoying as it takes hours to trigger.

What manual settings should I use besides 1.65v and 11-11-11-31-2 for timings?
              The Goods

Comment

So no OC on the CPU? to run the sticks at full performance will require an OC might want to raise the multiplier by 4-5 and ease the vCore up

Tman

Comment

So no OC on the CPU? to run the sticks at full performance will require an OC might want to raise the multiplier by 4-5 and ease the vCore up
                  No, I'm not OCing the CPU as I wanted to get the RAM stable first. You're telling me I have to OC the CPU to run the RAM stable at 2400? That makes no sense to me.
                  The Goods

Comment

When you look at the specs for a mobo, it normally will tell you what the mobo is rated to run DRAM wise, for your Asus Rampage IV Extreme, the specs indicate "8 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/ 2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz" found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

The "(OC)" after both 2400 and 2133 is there to indicate the CPU must be "OC"ed or Overclocked to run run faster in order to drive the on-board MC (memory controller) fast enough to run the higher freq sticks....this has basically been a norm in systems for years now that goes back to the Intel CPUs before they even carried the MC onboard, in socket 775 mobos, where the NB (North Bridge) chipset contained the MC, if you were wanting to run 1333 or 1600 DRAM tou had to raise the FSB to match the DRAM freq so if say you were running a Q6600 which natively ran 2.4 GHz on an 1066 FSB you'd have to OC the FSB to 1333 to run 1333 sticks which took the CPU to 3GHz or for 1600 sticks the FSB went to 1600 and the CPU to 3.6GHz, then if cooling was good enough on the CPU you could lower the multiplier.

Tman

Comment

What is the correct value for tRFC for F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD?

Thank you.
                      The Goods

Comment

I haven't worked on that particular set but would look to about 174

Tman

Comment

With the CPU at stock speed and memory at 1600 11-11-11-31-2 (1.25 VCCSA; 1.25 VTTCPU) the RAM has passed 12+ hours of Blend before I stopped it.

Obviously this is a far cry from 2400. I'm going to try something between 1600 and 2400 next.
                          Last edited by Psychor; 06-09-2012, 05:19 PM.
                          The Goods

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

With the CPU at stock speed and memory at 2133 11-11-11-31-2 (1.25 VCCSA; 1.25 VTTCPU) the RAM has passed 14+ hours of Blend before I stopped it.

Can someone from G.Skill please step in? I think it's time for an RMA as I don't believe my memory is capable of the advertised speed.
                              Last edited by Psychor; 06-09-2012, 11:21 PM.
                              The Goods

Comment

Working...
                              X