No announcement yet.

Biostar TZ77XE4 Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shut system down, and press the button, then fire it back up, everything will be at defaults

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wow that was scary. I assumed a clear cmos was needed because after trying to run a memtest and failing the computer wouldn't boot back up. I may have a terrible outlet in my house though. A light wouldn't work in it, phew. I'm going to go back to my normal outlet and see what happens. *crosses fingers that power was the issue*

Comment

Fingers and toes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well it booted up fine. Nothing is magicly fixed though. I'm a little concerned that the power outlet doesn't work anymore though... It's one of those test monthly, safety outlets, so it's probably normal. I'm going to give the computer a rest for now while it's still powering on.

I'll probably get a hold of some different ram next week or see if I can test this ram in another system. I'll post back on here if I figure out anything.

Thanks for all of the help!

Comment

If it's a GFI outlet, may well have been tripped by something else on the circuit, those normally are associated with areas near water, like electrical circuits that are used outside, in bathrooms and kitchens

Tman

Comment

Yeah, it's a GFI outlet. Actually an empty outlet in the kitchen got flipped. I hit reset and the outlet I was using in the living room came back. From what I read that's normal at least.

Comment

Yep, When possible, I tend to stay away from GFI circuits, am always seeing people see the outlets and going 'what does this button do?' and pushing it...kids and adults alike. I also have a home repair/remodeling business (which is where the moniker Tradesman comes from) and try to put these outlets in an out of way place

Tman

Comment

Haha, that's kind of funny that people do that. I think I remember wondering about it when I was a kid and ... asking about it. I'm generally pretty cautious though when it comes to electricity. I'm glad to have them where water might be though, but oddly one of my bathrooms doesn't have one. I guess it's a safe bet that I don't know electrical codes

Thanks for all of the help. Again, I'll post back here if I learn more. I hate when I find problems on the internet people are having and they don't update the board with the results.

Comment

Actually it prob does - but maybe not in the bathroom,,,,,most electrical circuits in yur house run through multiple rooms, might have one in a nearby room, or the electrical circuit that goes to that bathroom may also be one servicing another bathroom, the kitchen or even outside receptacles
                    (...... and people thought the forum was only about DRAM)

Tman

Comment

Oh ok. I think I get it now. I thought only that outlet was protected by it.

Comment

No, if anything happens it kills the circuit back to the breaker

Tman

Comment

Update

I took my RAM to work to test in my computer there. Everything I found said my configuration at work should be compatible with the RAM, so I figured it would be a good way to see if it was the RAM or another one of my parts. At first the Memtest86+ test ran fine, but then it started erroring and reset the computer.

I can't clearly rule out compatibility issues, but the RAM didn't seem to work, so I got a refund on it and bought some more (1333 MHz just in case).

I received the RAM today and am happy to report a fully working computer.

Thanks for your help Tradesman! I did purchase G.SKILL RAM again. If it was the RAM I'm sure it was a fluke and between the great support and the lifetime warranty, I'm happy to choose G.SKILL.

Comment

lad to hear all is well, though sorry you got a bad stick, it does happen and here, we hear about most of them, but have to think about all the thousands of sets that are sold and never a problem, I know I've probably had at least a couple hundred sets an thus far but 1 bad set.....and that one may have been the mobo.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X