• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biostar TZ77XE4 Compatibility

Model of the motherboard: Biostar TZ77XE4
    Model of the memory: F3-8500CL7S-4GBRL
    Model of the CPU: i5-3570K

Is this memory compatible in this configuration?

It should work OK, it will probably be a bottleneck to the rest of your system....just that it's very slow for a Z77 and a 3570K

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's what I thought too, but I'm not able to install any OS or run Linux from a boot disk. I ran Memtest86+ and just started getting errors streaming constantly. Should I just RMA the memory? If you can give me the proper BIOS settings for the memory I can try manually setting them too.

Thanks again!

Comment

Not positive if the Biostar prefers 1,3 or 2 and 4, so might start in slot 1 closest to the CPU, go into BIOS and make sure timings are set to 7-7-7-18. Set DRAM voltage to 1.5, most everything else in BIOS at Auto

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Darn, that's what I tried already. I was hoping those other settings might be important too. I've already tried different slots as well.

Thanks for the help, but it looks like I've got something broken

Comment

Could try 8-8-8-24, mobo might not like CL7

Tman

Comment

A very quick start of the Memtest86 isn't showing streaming errors like it was before. I'll try installing an OS to see if it works.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Keep me updated, watching the races today and have a couple rigs running, so I'll be checking in

Tman

Comment

No good. It hung during installation just like before. I re-ran the memtest and got the streaming errors again. I tried 7-7-7-18, 8-8-8-24, and 9-9-9-24 to be thorough and they all got the streaming errors again. I thought for sure the 8-8-8-24 was working, but maybe I just didn't let it run long enough.

Edit: The bios does think the RAM is 7-7-7-20 if that means anything.
                  Last edited by Shaidar65; 05-27-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Are voltages on Auto? If so, can try raising DRAM voltage to 1.55 and raise CPUVTT + .01 and try the 7-7-7-18 again, or try a slight change to 8-8-8-21

Tman

Comment

I will try both of those.

Comment

Let me know

Tman

Comment

I tried upping the DRAM voltage and then tried 7-7-7-18, 7-7-7-20, 8-8-8-24, 8-8-8-21, 9-9-9-24. I then tried the VCPU +.010 with the VRAM 1.55 with those settings and they didn't work either.

I did see on the motherboard website that their recommended memory list has quite a few G.Skill RAMS on it, but not the 1066. Is there something special about the 1066 that just might not work? http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/...n.php?S_ID=582

Comment

I'm thinking that primarily it's just to slow, the CPU is rated at 1333 DRAM (though most go 1600+ , you could try slowing the CPU by lowering the CPU multiplier, maybe to 26 or so to start

Tman

Comment

It says it can handle 1066 in the manual and some of the recommended RAM is 1066, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were too slow like you've said. I tried lowering the CPU multiplier to 26 and then 22. I need to clear the CMOS now though. There's a clear CMOS button on the board, but I'll have to look up how to properly do it. I've never had to before.

Comment

Working...
                              X