No announcement yet.

16/32 gb kit suggestion for ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE & i7 3770K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS is a bit confusing, but it appears that the timings are as you said they should be, except that instead of 2T is says 2. There are only values for 1, 2 and 3.

I'm not sure where to find the VTT or what it is or the tRFC either. Can you tell me what they are and I can root around for them.

When I reboot, it hangs on error 55 (memory error) and just stalls. Previously it would boot loop after the 55 error.

Comment

Possible on the 55 and boot loop is make sure all sticks are fully seated...but think it may be in the timings. The VTT (or CPUVTT) will be in with system voltages like CPU Voltage (or vCore), PLL, VCCSA, etc......and tRFC will be in the DRAM area (Advanced or secondary timings), both prob in the tweaking or advanced settings area of BIOS/UEFI.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did you hard reset the BIOS? There should be a button on the motherboard to do that.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Help!! Same Problem!

Was there ever anything that resolved this for the Op? I have the same MB and am using 16gb ripjaws (8x2) and am getting the same error 55. I removed one stick and could post. I figured I had one bad stick so I RMA'd through newegg. I received the two new sticks in last night and tried again, and to my surprise...I had the same issue with both stick in. I tried the "auto scan" for the memory timings with no luck. I then went back to just one stick and it worked fine. A weird thing that happened is, there are two blue sockets and two black and they alternate. I was using both blue and it wouldn't work. And then it would only work with the single stick in the black (I believe). But then if I put one in a black and one in a blue...it recognizes both, posts, and is 16gb at 1600 as it should be. Is there an "order" or proper sequence to putting the ram in? I didn't pull them back out to test any theories etc....because I wanted some input here....but also thought even though it is now working...if it isn't working as intended then I should probably address it and even RMA if necessary. Any suggestions?

Comment

Sounds like a problem w/ the mobo or possibly the MC (Memory Contoller) in the CPU, think I'd pull the CPU and check the bottom of it and in the socket for thermal compound, debris (dust/lint etc) and in particular check the pins in the socket to see if any are broke or bent - if any are bent can normally be straightened out with a couple of razor blades

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X