Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16/32 gb kit suggestion for ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE & i7 3770K

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good 1600 kit for this combo?

ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE & i7 3770K

Dont really care about overclocking, just want a nice matched/stable system.

I have been looking at
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL

Thank you
    Andy

The new Tridents were designed for Ivy Bridge, Ripjaws X for the 1155, the Zs and Snipers will both work fine....just got a Z77 and a 3570K in today, plan to run 32GB 2133/CL9 Ripjaws X in it at what I hope will be 2400, also going to be testing 16 GB of both the 1866 and 2133 Snipers.....I'd suggest the Tridents or Ripjaws X, followed by the Zs and the Snipers.....All of those will be nice and stable as well as basically plug and play at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks a lot for your quick reply!
      I pulled the trigger on 16gb on some tridents, i will let you know how those go.
      I just hope 16gb is enough these days!

thanks a lot
      Andy

Comment

It seems to be the popular choice, there's quite a few going 32GB, but many are just getting 16GB to get it and aren't yet sure what all they will do with it, (but always better to have to much rather than to little), then there quite a few of us that run multiple VMs and I run a good size RAM disk and keep all my temp and cache files there as well as a number of apps, also load apps I'm not yet sure about onto it to see how it works, I normally want to know what all one does before I stick it on my OS drive, because it's an SSD RAID 0, and I don't things storing tmp files and junk on it. Let us know what you think and how you like them, they should pretty much be plug and play, just check before hand and make sure you have the latest BIOS.......and of course if any problems, give a shout, we'll be here.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The new TridentX will be a great 1600/32GB kit, i believe it will running stably with your system!

Comment

I bought the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL

I tested it on another computer all sticks were working fine, and then now I put it on my P8Z77-Deluxe and it won't work. It keeps posting error 55 on the mobo. But I updated bios etc and now only 1 stick works, if I put any more sticks in it goes to that error 55.

Extremely frustrated with this can anyone help me please

Comment

Did you enable XMP, with 32GB may not be getting enough voltage to the MC or System agent, might try VCCSA to 1.1 or so and VCCIO (may be VTT) to about same

Tman

Comment

Don't know too much about the intricacies but was working on it with a friend last night, you mention upping the vccsa to 1.1, i checked right now i think it was set at auto and was at like 0.9ish

also re: it not having enough voltage for 32gb, when we tried 2 sticks the computer would not post either

Comment

un1bomber,

Sounds like a bad motherboard, you should not have that kind of problem.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    un1bomber,

Sounds like a bad motherboard, you should not have that kind of problem.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

I'm using it with 1 stick right now... really hoping theres a way to fix this without RMA'ing it...

should I disregard the advice above about the VCCSA and such??...

Comment

The memory should at least POST with more than 1 module, so something is already wrong that I don't think settings will make a difference.

RMA can be a pain, but if you run out of time, it can be more of a pain if you can't RMA.

Or if you have other DDR3 memory, maybe borrow some, that can confirm what the problem is.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I just built a new system with the same ASUS P8Z77A-V Deluxe motherboard and the GSkill Sniper Gaming 1866 kit. I also get error 55 IF I make ANY change whatsoever to the motherboard, it gives a RAM error. If I remove battery and go factory default, it runs OK at 1333.

Very disappointed in this obviously, but also I use a Noctua NDH-14D monster cooler, so removing the RAM to test various things means removing thermal paste and cooler hardware each time.

Anyone know of a known good 32gb kit that not only works with this board but also fits with the cooler?

Comment

Might consider going to the stock cooler, at least until you get the DRAM straightened out - which Sniper set do you have and what CPU are you running? Is it the P8Z77-V Deluxe? or a P8Z77A-V Deluxe (with an A?, I ask because I haven't seen one of those yet) - if no A, might make sure you have the latest BIOS, 1504, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...LUXE/#download

Since you mention 32GB am sort of guessing you have F3-1866C10Q-32GSR, so try enable XMP, check that base timings set to 10-11-10-30, CR is at 2T and try DRAM voltage at 1.55, no joy? go back to BIOS and check that VTT is about 1.15, and then in the advanced timings see what the tRFC is at, there's a good chance that it's off (Asus isn't to speedy with high capacity/high freq sets, tRFC should be prob around 243 - 252 or so (am guessing they may have it around 170ish)

Tman

Comment

I'm running the
                            ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

and RAM is
                            G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C10Q-32GSR

Processor is 3770K, Corsair 650 Gold Power Supply in a Corsair 300 Case.

I flashed to the 1504 latest Bios but get the exact same result.

Thanks for the info, I'll make the changes and see what happens.

Comment

I'll be in and out all day so let me know

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X