RAM problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM problems

Hey guys, I just recently bought 2 Ripjaws X kits, one for my wife's computer and one for mine. We each have 16gb of the PC-10666(1333) CL7, my wife's is running fine but I have had my system lock up a few times with the last sound that was played repeating over and over. This happened the last time we got new RAM with her machine, we swapped RAM and then mine was the one having the same problem. I replaced it and it was indeed the problem. I ran Memtest86+ last night and had 67 errors in 3 passes, it's safe to assume I may have a bad module. All settings on mine and my wife's systems are the same, 7-7-7-21-2T at 1.5 volts, which is what the RAM states it should operate at. I purchased these from newegg so I should try to RMA with them first correct? Thanks for the help guys.

-Mike

Phenom II X4 945
    MSI 770-C45
    EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti
    Windows 7

Going through NewEgg would prob be easiest, let them know you got a defective set (and may want to tell them you don't feel you should have to pay return shipping on defective products, quite often they'll just email you a UPS pre-paid mailing label) also might try raising the CPU/NB and or DRAM voltage just slightly (+ .o5 or so), the one mobo might not be regulating voltage as well as the other

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Alright, thanks a lot, I will contact them. I forgot to mention I did raise the RAM voltage to 1.55 before I started the test.

-Mike

Comment

With 16GB might want to try the CPU/NB, that's the voltage to the MC (Memory Controller) and AMD normally want's more for 16 than is auto set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I already set up the RMA with newegg earlier today and put the old RAM back in (my old 2x2GB + wife's old 2x2GB) They were going to make me pay shipping until I contacted them and they e-mailed me a shipping label just like you said. I will keep in mind what you said and increase the CPU/NB voltage when I get the replacement if I have problems again. Thanks for the help.

-Mike

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X