Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 and 16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 (x2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 and 16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 (x2)

I'm having trouble getting stability with F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 x2 kits for 16GB (x4 sticks total) at 1600 in a Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3. I'm using a 2600K CPU in this setup.

Using any combination of x2 sticks in either DIMM slots 1&2 or 3&4 work fine using profile1 XMP settings.

When I add the extra pair of sticks, I start failing memtest86+ v4.20 tests.
    It goes up to the tail end of Test #5 [Block move, 80 moves] and starts dumping errors consistently at that point. Multiple tests and moving the sticks around always results in the failures at the same place.

I tried changing the timings to 9-10-9-28, bumping the QPI/VTT voltage to 1.1v, and the mem itself to 1.3v (these are low voltage 1.25v spec dimms).

I'm not OC'ing anything as I want simply stock speed and stability at this point.

Any other ideas??

Check that you have the latest BIOS, and XMP won't work with two sets, so will need to input timings manually and may have to raise DRAM and/or VCCIO voltage slightly ( + .05 or so)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, using the latest bios.
      Have turned off XMP profile and manually set the timings back to 9-9-9-24.
      Have tried bumping the VTT and DIMM voltages to various degrees without going crazy.

The only thing that has made a difference so far is turning off "Rank Interleaving".
      I end up with a couple of errors at the same point in memtest vs. hundreds of errors, but still not error free.

Last edited by Signal; 02-11-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I just let it go through the full test and let it start pass 2.
        It failed with 10 more errors at the same place.

I would think that would indicate bad ram or a DIMM slot, but have tested combinations of pairs of sticks in either DIMM channel successfully.

Comment

As a test try with your CPU multiplier at 36 or 37 and see what it does

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Same results with the multiplier change.

I moved the mem and cpu to a MSI z68ma-ed55 and it tests fine there at 1600 with no futzing.
            Got through 3 memtest passes with no errors.

I put an i5 2400 in the gigabyte and same errors.

Trying to compare the settings between the two boards.

Comment

Sounds like the GB mobo may have a problem. It's nice to have a few other parts or another rig for testing purposes, isn't it? Most would have just RMAed the DRAM and still had a problem after the new sticks arrived.

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X