AMD Problem - 2 sets F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem...take a break!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      No problem...take a break!
      Yeah, im running problem free on the one good stick right now. Playing some skyrim and I would say my 5770 is more of a limiting factor than the missing stick of ram!

Comment

I'm not a gamer, but build plenty of gaming systems and your GPU(s) is/are the biggest factor. Will check back on you Sunday

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, the results are in. The "bad" stick failed memtest after 1% while the other pass 5 times with no errors.

So to sum things up, I have had 2 different kits that had 1 stick die after a week. Strange because I have built many systems over the past few years and have always used G.Skill ram. I have never head a problem with them before.

Comment

Extremely odd....if within your time limit can RMA through the Egg again, though I'd contact them via email, tell them what happened, it's the second consecutive set and see what they can do to expedite the the exchange, also may want to ask for a return shipping label, you shouldn't be paying for return shipping if it's fauly sticks........if it was me, I'd be worried about the mobo, in particular the slots in it and one possibly spiking voltage to the DRAM...

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Extremely odd....if within your time limit can RMA through the Egg again, though I'd contact them via email, tell them what happened, it's the second consecutive set and see what they can do to expedite the the exchange, also may want to ask for a return shipping label, you shouldn't be paying for return shipping if it's fauly sticks........if it was me, I'd be worried about the mobo, in particular the slots in it and one possibly spiking voltage to the DRAM...
              Yeah, I just dont know at this point. I have HWMonitor running all the time and my max has never been over 1.5v

Also, I have been running that good stick in what could possibly be the faulty socket for 4 days now to see if I could kill it. Been running benches, stress testing, and gaming on it with no problems what so ever.

I have until the 18th to return both the board and RAM for full exchange so I think I am going to give this one more go and see what happens.

Ill post back with updates later in the week.

Comment

Let us know what happens and save your documentation, if it were to happen again that will help with a straight up RMA on the mobo if needed.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X