baymavi - vevobahis - mobilbahis - https://guncelgirisi.com/. instagram takipçi satın al - instagram takipçi satın al mobil ödeme

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crosshair IV and 1800 CL7 Flares, help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crosshair IV and 1800 CL7 Flares, help!

    Hi all, Im having problems with my OC since I replaced my old 8GB 1600's with this Flare kit. http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=274. Obviously, i had to revise the OC on my 1090T to accomodate the kit's stock clocks, since the stock 3.2ghz will only get me as high as 1600mhz.

    From my old setting of 250 x 16, i changed it to 225 x 18 in order to get 1800mhz for the rams. Everything else was left as it is. (i'll indicate my settings later). Problem is, im getting lots of BSODs when I prime, when in fact at 250x16 and my old rams, i can run prime for 12 hrs without any problems. I tried increasing the vcore from my usual 1.45 to 1.475 and maybe even 1.48 but I still get BSODs. Call me stubborn, but I refuse to believe that i would need more than 1.45 volts for a 4.0ghz OC. Something else must be causing my errors.

    I went ahead and checked for the RAM stability. I can pass memtest86 and SuperPI 32M without any problems so that more or less rules out ram instability.

    Any help and inputs would be greatly appreciated.

    My specs and settings are as follows:

    AMD Phenom II 1090T @ 4.0Ghz (225x18)*
    ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (BIOS vesion 1902)
    Gskill Flare 2x2GB 1800 7-8-7-24 (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=274)

    NB is at 3000MHz with 1.36v CPU/NB
    HT is left at stock 2000mhz
    DRAM volts is at 1.65v stock

    Help?

  • #2
    What happens on stock cpu settings ? and Did you try 200x20 ?
    This cat scratches free.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz Offset - 0.015v | Asus P8P67 EVO | 12gb GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM 2x2gb & F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2x4gb 1866 9-10-9-28@1.6v | AMD HD6850 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) | 2xWD500 Caviar Black & Blue | CM Haf-912 Advanced | Noctua NH-U12P SE + Akasa 12cm Viper | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | AMD Catalyst 13.10b

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Catscratch View Post
      What happens on stock cpu settings ? and Did you try 200x20 ?
      Didnt bother using stock settings because it wont get me as high as the frequency rated for my Flares. It would only get me as high as 1600, as what ive said in my first post.

      Comment


      • #4
        Your mobo should have the right memory multi for your ram. Did you try 2002 bios ? Says "improved memory compatibility"
        This cat scratches free.
        Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz Offset - 0.015v | Asus P8P67 EVO | 12gb GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM 2x2gb & F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2x4gb 1866 9-10-9-28@1.6v | AMD HD6850 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) | 2xWD500 Caviar Black & Blue | CM Haf-912 Advanced | Noctua NH-U12P SE + Akasa 12cm Viper | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | AMD Catalyst 13.10b

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Catscratch View Post
          Your mobo should have the right memory multi for your ram. Did you try 2002 bios ? Says "improved memory compatibility"
          Will try 2002 later on when i get home from work. Ive stayed away from 2002 since ive heard OC's were somewhat unstable in this version.

          But i'll still give it a try.

          Edit: will the new bios have an extra multiplier for me to run 1800? I havent heard anything like that before.
          Last edited by Gecko21; 01-16-2012, 08:08 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            With the higher freq you prob need more voltage to the CPU/NB to handle the MC


            Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

            Tman

            Comment


            • #7
              Asus Crosshair IV Formula website:
              4 x DIMM, Max. 16 GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

              O.C. probably stand for Overclock but still it's silly if they mean BaseClock overclock instead of having just the right multi. You can ask them or you can try the 2002 bios. You should also try at default cpu-nb first, then try higher settings. This generally means, you should forget your previous OC and start from scratch because of RAM change.

              PS: BIOS updates can include new Memory Multis. That's how I could use 1066mhz ram with my AM2+ K9a2 Platinum + 1090t with the latest bios. That board started as AM2 only and became AM2+ with a bios update. OFC, without core disabling and cpu-nb voltage options, I guess they didnt have the right equipment on the board for those.
              Last edited by Catscratch; 01-16-2012, 08:41 PM.
              This cat scratches free.
              Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz Offset - 0.015v | Asus P8P67 EVO | 12gb GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM 2x2gb & F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2x4gb 1866 9-10-9-28@1.6v | AMD HD6850 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) | 2xWD500 Caviar Black & Blue | CM Haf-912 Advanced | Noctua NH-U12P SE + Akasa 12cm Viper | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | AMD Catalyst 13.10b

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Catscratch View Post
                Asus Crosshair IV Formula website:
                4 x DIMM, Max. 16 GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

                O.C. probably stand for Overclock but still it's silly if they mean BaseClock overclock instead of having just the right multi. You can ask them or you can try the 2002 bios. You should also try at default cpu-nb first, then try higher settings. This generally means, you should forget your previous OC and start from scratch because of RAM change.

                PS: BIOS updates can include new Memory Multis. That's how I could use 1066mhz ram with my AM2+ K9a2 Platinum + 1090t with the latest bios. That board started as AM2 only and became AM2+ with a bios update. OFC, without core disabling and cpu-nb voltage options, I guess they didnt have the right equipment on the board for those.
                That's really weird, my rams can only go as high as 1600. I was on the 2002 bios before but i never bothered to oc the rams up to 1800 so i didnt notice if it did have an option for that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Catscratch there is a DOCP (dram oc profile) feature on this board that automatically sets everything else according to your desired dram freq.

                  This is probably what your post was referring to.

                  I think.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    UPDATE:

                    The BIOS update didnt have an option to set the mem frequency to 1800.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No, it will not unless you have the FX CPU.

                      Your CPU Host Frequency should be 225, that way with your max memory multiplier x8.00, it produces ~DDR3-1800

                      This is the (OC) they are talking about.

                      CPU-NB should be 2700MHz

                      Make sure they are installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU.

                      Keep us posted on the results.

                      Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the reply.

                        Im using the black slots, host freq is already at 225. Im gunning for 4.0 so 225x18 is my goal. Problem is i keep getting bsods when i prime, i tried adding vcore but still no luck, it would be rediculous if i add more, since it would be ono the 1.5 range already. On my old sticks i got 4.0ghz stable with only 1.45 vcore.

                        Someone could prove my theory wrong, though. Still open to new ideas. Although it would really suck if it was true that i'd need close to 1.5volts of vcore for a measly 4.0ghz.
                        Last edited by Gecko21; 01-17-2012, 03:47 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Try lowering your CPU-NB Frequency.

                          Post some pictures and we can see what's going on.

                          Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks a lot, i'll try lowering the nb when i get home from work later today.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                              No, it will not unless you have the FX CPU.

                              Your CPU Host Frequency should be 225, that way with your max memory multiplier x8.00, it produces ~DDR3-1800

                              This is the (OC) they are talking about.

                              CPU-NB should be 2700MHz

                              Make sure they are installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU.

                              Keep us posted on the results.

                              Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH
                              I lowered the NB to 2700Mhz like you said, and set the base clock to 225.

                              Ran prime95 on blend, and it gave me Rounding errors (0.5 should be 0.4 etc etc). Booted back to the Bios and tried raising the CPU/NB a bit, but I still get the same errors.

                              Is this RAM related?

                              Is there a way for me to see the full timing specs for my Flares? I have a feeling that's the problem. I only have the "7-8-7-24" settings on manual. The rest are on auto.

                              Help!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X