Windows won't start with Gigabyte Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows won't start with Gigabyte Board

I have a Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V Rev 1.4 motherboard with the latest BIOS. I am unable to get Windows to start with the F3-12800CL10D 2x8GB Ripjaw memory. The message says "Starting Windows" but stays there forever until I power off the machine. I have sinced changed my BIOS settings to those below with the same result. Accrding to NewEgg memory finder tool, this memory should work. In the interim, I have 2x2GB Samsung PC3 10600U memory installed, but I would like to get my new RipJaw 16GB installed instead.

1.5V
    10-10-10-30

I have a question in to Product Support, who recommended I make sure I have correct BIOS and the above settings. Any other ideas?

For starters, the model # is incomplete but guessing the Ripjaws X, would enable XMP and select the 1600 profile.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try set DRAM tRFC = 208

Comment

Yes it is Ripjaws X, full model number is F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL.

I had already enabled XMP profile which then set to 1600 and the timings to 10-10-10-30. The DRAM tRFC is also already set to 208.

Is it possible that this memory is incompatible with my motherboard?

Comment

Since you already have the F3 BIOS, what CPU are you running and what is both your vCore and you VTT voltage at, the VTT in particular, am thinking the voltage is to low for 8GB sticks and they have adjusted for them yet since they are so new and GB hasn't updated the BIOS since 09/2010

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It's an i3 processor. The QPI/Vtt = 1.100. Under Advanced Voltage setings, the Dynamic vCore = +0.000V but in the MB Intelligence Tweaker summary screen the Vcore = 1.104V.

Comment

Try QPI/VTT 1.15 see if that helps

Tman

Comment

I tried QPI/VTT 1.15 but get same result -- stuck at "Starting Windows"

Comment

Could try playing with voltages, if I find anything will be back, will also drop GSkill a note, hope they can take a look Monday

Tman

Comment

Post pictures of BIOS settings and we can see what's going on.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Exact same issue

I have the exact same issue described in this thread except for my motherboard is revision 1.3 not 1.4. Updated bios to latest and tried settings mentioned here with no luck. I also booted up with a usb thumbdrive with windows 7 on it to rule out my installed OS. It gets to the screen where it say's starting windows but stays there forever also.

Anybody figure out a resolution to this problem?

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings, including the DRAM advanced timings and system voltages, we're seeing a number of mobos that aren't adjusting the timings correctly for 8GB sticks

Tman

Comment

ARghhh....I can't seem to figure out how to post a simple screenshot!!!!!

Comment

Is there a way to post a zip file of the screenshots? Can't seem to figure out how to post screenshots of the bios settings execpt for url which I don't have?

Comment

Most post the .jpg on a free photo hosting site and put the link in

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X