Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crosshair V Formula Motherboard and Phenom II x4 (HDZ955FBK4DGM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosshair V Formula Motherboard and Phenom II x4 (HDZ955FBK4DGM)

Im just simply looking to see, what is the best combination of 1600MHz ram available that i can get (Preferrably 8gb) for this dual channel motherboard/CPU combo....

Again, Crosshair V Formula motherboard with a Phenom II x4... revision of CPU not known...
    I have a model number of HDZ955FBK4DGM for the processor in my system, maybe that would tell someone something if they looked it up....

Being told that the Phenom II does not support more than 2 DIMMs very well, what would be the BEST choice for an 8gig setup?
    ~Thanks!

You have the C3 Revision, which is good news (better IMC vs. the C2).
    And btw, CPU-Z will report which Revision 955 is installed.
    I would opt for a 2x4GB set of RipjawsX with the lowest CL timings that you can find.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Nice, i'd like to add that i JUST had used a Ripsaw (2g x 2) set.... two of them for a total of 8 gigs.... things went south the moment i started using them i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to get them working as they should so im just selling them, unless someone knows how i can get these (F3-12800Cl7d-4gbrh) working, they are dual channel, and filling all 4 slots i figured they'd work great.... im not exactly new to computer hardware whatsoever, i prefer to build my own machines in fact, but admittantly I'm new in the ram department as pertaining to timing, and which CPU's work best with what ram... these are low timing DIMMs... 7-7-7-24 .... i havent seen lower... it might just be me but seems when im using them, my mouse behaves a little... strange, skippy sometimes...(And now going back to my 1333MHz ram, seems like some of those symptoms carried over, could i have damaged my IMC??? what did i do wrong x.x) Iv'e a logitech unifying mouse and keyboard but they are so responsive i doubt its the mouse, being that the reciever is right by me in the top of my antec 900 case on the floor... things seem to be fine with my old 1333 AVANT generic memory back in aside from a skippy mouse sometimes, but that's just bottlenecking a bit of performance, i JUST got an SLI set-up with dual ASUS GTX 560's DCII's and the ram i got stated above i was hoping would work for the 1600 MHz speed, along with the matching red/black scheme going on inside my system thus far....
      Last edited by Floyde; 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

With 4 sticks (would have been preferable to have a single 4 stick set than 2 sets) there's a sticky that offers a couple of methods for setting up 1600 sticks here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

with two sets of sticks may need additional DRAM and/or CPU/NB voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Flickering

So i am in game and after about a few minutes my screen, or further objects in the game, seem to flicker, it all seems to lead back to me jacking with my ram and it's timings and settings... along with voltages and NB speeds, doesnt seem to happen after the first predominant flicker though.... but its never done it before especially in WoW; i get one little flicker in the SAME spot in a benchmark path in the game Just Cause 2.... does this sound like any symptoms of a slightly overstressed IMC in my phenom II? im just at wit's end on this whole subject and have studied my screen watching and learning when and what the flickers look like... so could it be the IMC? should i RMA the processor?

Comment

Ughhhs

I reinstalled my graphics drivers, reset my bios, used my Mem OK button for compatibility ram settings and i just cant figure it out its bothering the hell out of me to put it nicely... i feel like i shouldnt have messed with installing ram at all since i know little about it, and know even less about how to fix my issue.... the flickering never occured until now and ive had the SLI setup running fine on my games until the ram came into play.... curious if ive got EVERYTHING back like it was when running fine, does that imply that some piece of hardware took a hit from tweaking around 4 sticks of 1600 MHz ram, i got these because it was the fastest my board supported without having to OC... i dont NEED to OC, its perfectly responsive and quick enough on its own and I got this board and video setup so i would have a smooth, flawless gameplay experience... my main question is what symptoms, as i asked above, would show if i overstressed my IMC on my processor? or would it just not work at all?... Or was my board running a bit warm at 2400Mhz NB fequency an issue?.... i kinda smelled the effects of the new higher heat levels.. radiating from the case of my PC but it didnt exactly smell like electrical burn.... *facepalm* i didnt run my 1333 Ram with bad settings, so its gotta be my board or my CPU which i DID tweak around with... what would someone with experience have to say?.... im open for suggestions.

Comment

Might check that you have the latest BIOS...I'd guess possible the DRAM or the CPU/NB may have to go up just another hair + .01 or + .02 to kill that lag in the games. The guide was a rough guide, as things will vary from mobo to mobo and combos of CPU and mobo, where it may say 1.2 for CPU/NB that might actually be roughly anywhere from 1.18 to 1.25 or even more or less.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well something is definately goin on in my board it may have gotten tweaked too much or something but im getting residual side affects from trying to upgrade my ram, even when everything is as it was before... My only question is again, is it possible to have corrupted an aspects of the IMC in my processor itself?... my screen gives flickers and objects flicker, reflections and even water or land seem to get corrupt and it is an ongoing problem...
                When i had the 1600 MHz sticks in i got a 'Memory Management' BSOD ..... sounds like that refers to the memory controller not being able to handle its duty with 4 sticks? should i RMA my processor in reguards to the momory controller... iv'e no doubt that something like that could happen to cause things loaded into memory to be corrupted in 3D ENvironments... or should that make a processor not work at all, perhaps my northbridge took a bit too much heat from the whole ordeal?... at this point im running the same hardware that gave me no problems for the last 3 months... so something between trying new ram and tweaking has took a toll... unfortunately... I did get an RMA for the board, unfortunately i've no credit card so no advance RMA for me so ill be stuck with nothing until i get it back but i just dont want them to send me back the same one saying 'We didnt find anything wrong with it...' Being that i doubt they put them under any studied gaming environment stress tests... If it goes through post it works right?... not always true imo... Like a car, just because it drives doesnt mean everything's A-OK with it.
                Would they send it back if they find nothing wrong with it or does ASUS usually replace it reguardless?

In summary those are my two questions, could it be my IMC; and would ASUS actually replace an RMA'd mobo because of effects i described, even when it posts and runs windows.

Comment

If you can post your BIOS settings, we can take a look and see if anything looks amiss

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X