No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL memtest problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounding good, keep us informed of how things go, when your happy with results, feel free to post them and they can become an OC guide, that would be helpful to others

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have not had time to OC and see what this CPU will do for me but I think I may have an issue. I have this PC hooked to a 42" HDTV and use it for netflix and gaming. Now I did not have this issue with 4GB of RAM just with the 8GB setup. If I leave netflix playing full screen and fall asleep at the end of the movie it waits for me to choose another movie and will log out if nothing for a period of time. At this point the screen saver will kick in 30min later and another 30min later it will turn the display off. At this time the TV shows a black screen and no signal. When I wake in the morning I shake the mouse or tap the keyboard to wake the PC and I get a black screen with just mouse control. At this time the Hard Drive is going crazy and takes between a minute or two to refresh the desktop and sometimes no desktop without me hitting windows key on KB. Any ideas why so slow coming out of standby?
      Asus M4A785T-M
      AMD 955 BE @ 3.7ghz stock volts
      Corsair H60 Watercooler
      8GB 1600 G-skill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 1.55v
      Pioneer 215 DVD DL Writer
      2x 300GB Seagate Raid 0
      500GB Seagate Storage
      1.5TB Seagate Storage
      2.0TB Seagate Storage
      BFG GTX260 OC Maxcore 55 on a 42" HDTV HDMI <-Awaiting Retirement
      PNY GTX550 TI XLR8 Enthusiast Edition on a 42" HDTV HDMI <-Testing-So far not impressed...
      Corsair GS700 PSU

Comment

Sounds like it's hibernating, or just real slow to come out of sleep mode, could also be a GPU driver glitch. Many BIOSs can have problems with power saving setup, for what little you actually save over the course of a month, I generally don't use any power savings, that way the box is ready to go whenever I am, I sort of figure if I save 15 minutes or more a month, that's more than the PS features save me money wise.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Regarding your OC, 1.30v for 2400 CPU-NB is actually high. You should even hit 2400 at stock CPUNB voltage or 1.20v. After 2600, it really needs more voltage. It's usually 1.30-1.35v for 2800 CPUNB on denebs. Generally they require too much voltage after that.

Don't go over 1.4v for Cpu-nb thou, it won't worth with the extra heat and it's very near the limit.
          This cat scratches free.
          Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz Offset - 0.015v | Asus P8P67 EVO | 12gb GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM 2x2gb & F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2x4gb 1866 9-10-9-28@1.6v | AMD HD6850 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) | 2xWD500 Caviar Black & Blue | CM Haf-912 Advanced | Noctua NH-U12P SE + Akasa 12cm Viper | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | AMD Catalyst 13.10b

Comment

Ok I am back after a long break. Wife had open heart surgery and is doing fine so it was time to get back into my pc and classwork. I have had no issues since bumping the volts to help with stability and I am now updating the system. I had thought of a full new build but changed my mind to just updating my current system since I have had no issues with it and it is still very powerful for what I do (I'm Poor). Now to my questions. I want to upgrade the CPU to the highest I can without breaking the bank and mainly may change CPU to give a better IMC if possible. Asus website shows max CPU at 125watts and shows AMD 1090T to be the top. Not sure why it could not do the newest AM3+ as long as it is not the FX chip. I have gotten a PNY GTX 550 TI to upgrade my GTX 260 and so far I am impressed but not sure if it is worth the $161 sticker. Any thoughts? I need a CPU that can handle my RAM better so I know it stays stable along with more power if I do change it. Do not want to go through a complete build of MB/CPU since my MB is fine at this point.
            Asus M4A785T-M
            Corsair H60 Watercooler
            2x 300GB Seagate Raid 0
            500GB Seagate Storage
            1.5TB Seagate Storage
            2.0TB Seagate Storage
            PNY GTX550 TI XLR8 Enthusiast Edition on a 42" HDTV HDMI <-Testing-So far not impressed...
            Corsair GS700 PSU

Comment

Think you would be happy with the 1090T, handles DRAM much better and OCs well, I'd go w/ that before going to the low end FX CPUs

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Think you would be happy with the 1090T, handles DRAM much better and OCs well, I'd go w/ that before going to the low end FX CPUs
                I do not know much about the 1090T as of now but reading a lot of reviews. I think that this MB may go higher on the newer CPUs since it has the same features that they use(I could be wrong) with a bios update(if released). I will also be returning the PNY GTX 550 Ti and getting either a better card or a refund. This is not a bad card and does score higher in benchmarks such as FluidMark but for gaming all my FPS had dropped more than 20 frames. It did look a lot clearer using Directx 11 but not worth the frames loss. I also noticed with this card some settings on games had changed and now had Ultra settings available. For Dirt 3 to stutter on this card and my GTX 260 to run 1080 maxed and get 71fps this card is being returned.

Back to the CPU/RAM, do you think the 1090T will give better IMC performance? Since I am not updating my MB I need to add as much zip to this I can. Also unless it is me I feel the hard drives used for OS run activity a lot. Click-Wait-Program Opens-Program Open but drive continues for some time. I know they have to load all the needed files but it seems to do this more after the added 4gb was installed. I do have 2x 300gb drives running Raid 0 and should be faster. These are 7200 RPM drives and identical drives. Why would the RAM seem to cause the drives to work harder? Thanks for all the help.
                Asus M4A785T-M
                Corsair H60 Watercooler
                2x 300GB Seagate Raid 0
                500GB Seagate Storage
                1.5TB Seagate Storage
                2.0TB Seagate Storage
                Corsair GS700 PSU

Comment

Found this article http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...nom2_x6_1090t/ but seen no great improvements to the 1090T over the 955BE using the same video I will be keeping. Looking that the 955BE was a good buy since I have had it from release date until now and continues to be strong. Maybe a SSD to add the zip?
                  Asus M4A785T-M
                  Corsair H60 Watercooler
                  2x 300GB Seagate Raid 0
                  500GB Seagate Storage
                  1.5TB Seagate Storage
                  2.0TB Seagate Storage
                  Corsair GS700 PSU

Comment

The 955 is a good CPU, the 1090 has advantages that it does have a stronger IMC (memory controller), one of our senior contributors, NemesisChild runs the 1090T at 4.2 and has his Ripjaws X at 1975MHz. An SSD would also add pop, though you'll prob want to maintain your mechanical drives for data and populate the SSD with the OS and most used apps

Tman

Comment

Ok thanks. I am returning this 550Ti and will either stick with my GTX260 or add $100 to the price of the 550 Ti for a GTX 560 2gb card. $249 for the 560 non Ti card worth it? Going to store in about an hour and want the best for the price.
                      Asus M4A785T-M
                      Corsair H60 Watercooler
                      2x 300GB Seagate Raid 0
                      500GB Seagate Storage
                      1.5TB Seagate Storage
                      2.0TB Seagate Storage
                      Corsair GS700 PSU

Comment

I'd give the GTX a try and see what you think, let us know

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X