Crashes with new RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes with new RAM

I bought a 16gb kit of Ripjaw X 1600 9-9-9-24 and after installation my computer crashes randomly. I figured it was bad RAM so I memtested it for 8 hours with zero errors but it still crashed so I ordered two 8gb kits of ripjaw gaming series 1600 9-9-9-24 and when those were installed I thought it had stopped and it ran fine for 3 hours then crashed when I moved a window.

motherboard - M4A785TD-V EVO
    RAM - 2 x F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    also tried with same results
    1 x F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
    CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 Deneb black 3.4ghz

Is the 3.4 @ stock, is it the 940? if so, might not be able to run 16GB at 1600, couple of options though, there's a guide to setting up 1600 sticks w/ AMD here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Another possible would be to drop to 1333 at 8-8-8-24. 2N and start with stock DRAM voltage, then may have to raise that a bit as well as the CPU/NB voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The 3.4 is stock. I think it's the 940person I'll have to check tomorrow to be sure. Right now I have it set to 1333 8-8-8-24 and waiting to see if it will crash. There isn't a CPU-NB voltage setting in my bios as far as I can see. I tried following the guide and it crashed.

Comment

The 940 may not be able to carry the full load at 1600, I normally suggest a minimum of a 965 for that, so 1333 may be the wall for your CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was wrong it is a 965.

Comment

Right after I submitted that message it crashed. The speeds are still set to 8-8-8-24 1.5V

Comment

Should be CPU/NB, NB-VID, something like that, take a look, if I don't hear back I'll dig out a manual this PM, have to run out for a bit.

Tman

Comment

Test one at a time in the initial slot to see if one may be bad causing problems.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

So far I've had two separate sticks crash
                  stick one crashed around 30mins while idling but after watching youtube and web browsing
                  stick two crashed around 8mins just sitting at desktop

Comment

stick three crashed at 20 minutes

Comment

Have you found the NB voltage setting yet? If not going at 1333 can try upping the DRAM voltage to 1.6...but will need to get NB up also for 16GB...and it also may be the two sets just don't want to play together, which is why it's all best to get the full amount of DRAM you want in a single set, that way the sticks are tested to work together.
                      Last edited by Tradesman; 12-16-2011, 07:59 PM.

Tman

Comment

I am testing the 16gb set that I have and they are crashing I'm going to send the 2x 8gb kits back, I ended up having them due to a mix up with newegg. The set I'm testing right now is the 16gb kit. I haven't found the nb setting yet. are the settings all in that AMD thread?
                        current settings are
                        frequency 667Mhz
                        timing 8-8-8-24
                        DRAM Voltage 1.5

Comment

It/s normally CPU/NB, NB/VTT, VDD-NB, something like that

Tman

Comment

I think there is a vddnb somewhere I will check after this ram stick crashes.

Comment

Found a manual.....there's a VDDNB Overvoltage in the ADVANCED menus,,,,might helpcould try with the lowest Overvolt possible then continue up..looks like a screwy BIOS, may want to contact them, I also looked at their QVL and I may have missed it, but didn't see anything in the way of a 16GB set in 1600 or 1333

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X