Help with timings for F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR @ 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with timings for F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR @ 1600

Ive got a pair of g.skill sniper 1866's in my motherboard but since my cpu tops at 1600 I have it sitting there. Since Im not using the fastest speed these memory sticks are capable of are there better timings I could be using at stock voltage(or slight increase in v)?

Also what should the secondary timings be set at besides the 9-10-9-28, I saw in bios under those there is another set and have no clue what they should be..

Any help appreciated!

Build....
    mobo: asus sabertooth 990fx
    cpu: amd 955 3.2 @ 3.8ghz
    gpu: evga 460 gtx sli

Can try them at 1600 8-8-8-28. there's a guide to setting up 1600 sticks on AMD here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

any problems let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I saw that earlier but it wasnt exactly for underclocking 1866, had a little good info for setting them up as 1600s though, I tried 8-8-8-28 and crashed pretty quickly. How about the other timings?

Row Cycle Time - 39
      Read to Write Delay - 5
      Write to Read Delay - 2
      Write to Write Timing - 3
      Read to Read Timing - 3
      Refresh - 7.8ms

? are these correct for this specific memory?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? If no go with CL8 could take DRAM to 1.575 and/or CPU/NB to 1.25 or might try 9-9-9-28....also possible your 955 can't pull 1600 (many can't, normally suggest a 965 rev C3 for 1600 sticks)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I have latest BIOS; 813 (10/24/11). Ive had no problem with the sticks being at 1600 its only when I mess with the timings. The 955 is the Black Edition w/ c3 dont know if thats different from the previous version but I was pretty sure they were 1600 compatible.

Ill fiddle with it some more and post results if no one else has any ideas...

Comment

It's really a matter of just testing to get the best combination of timings, even when you have two of the same motherboards and BIOS's, the optimal settings may vary. Other than the base timings, it's normally best to leave the advanced timings on auto unless very familiar with them

Comment

CPU Ratio 14X
              Set CPU Host (bus) frequency to 233
              DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1866
              CPU-NB Frequency - 2400MHz
              DRAM Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 10 - tRP 9 - tRAS 28
              DRAM Voltage 1.50V
              CPU-NB Voltage 1.20V

Save, exit, let me know how that works.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

I dont think you read my question correctly, looking for best timings for the snipers at 1600mhz not 1866 since my cpu does not support that speed to the best of my knowledge.

Right now;
                CPU Ratio - 19x
                CPU Bus - 200
                DRAM Freq - 1600
                CPU-NB Freq - 2400
                DRAM Times - 9-9-9-28
                DRAM Volt - 1.5
                CPU-NB Volt - 1.2

Got it stable to there wondering if it would be possible to push 8-8-8-24? or 8-8-8-28? Or since stock is 9-10-9-28 would 8-9-8-28(24) be better?

Comment

It does not natively support that frequency, but the CPU can support it. That's why I gave you full settings to try.

For your current settings, you can try DRAM Volt 1.65V, 8-9-8-24, then 8-8-8-24 to see what's good. Some people are able to achieve 7-8-7-24, just depending how good your kit is.

Also, out of curiosity, what do you know about Vitamin K?

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Seems to be doing ok so far with dram v at 1.65 and timing at 8-8-8-24.

As far as VitK goes I know enough to know that you can dillute 25g into about 250ml of water. That the best way to retrieve aforementioned is by double boiling. Also if you partake in a little more than average it recrystallizes on the way out and can be quite painful.Oh and the S isomer is a whole lot more visual than R.

Comment

Thanks, so I assume you speak of the synthetic form. I am trying to better tailor my diet, so I have been doing a lot of reading on natural forms. I really appreciate the info.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X