X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD fails to boot at 2400

I have the EXACT same problem as this thread

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=9780

The only differences are that my mobo is ASUS P9X79 Deluxe and the ram sticks are F3-19200CL11Q instead of 9.

I updated my BIOS to 0802, but the PC still fails to boot at 2400 with XMP(won't POST, no beeps)

If I tune it down, the PC boots fine, but will BSOD randomly regardless of whether it's 2133, 1866 or 1600

I also tested each ram stick one at a time, but none of them boot at 2400.

This is utterly frustrating

Have you tried resetting BIOS then install, enable XMP and picked the 2400 profile (or another profile, i.e.2133)? If so, might want to check each stick individually w/ Memtest for errors, if no errors would guess a problem w/ mobo, CPU or PSU as ASUS shows this same set as tested with mobo and fine w/ all 4 sticks (might also see if they have a beta BIOS)
    Last edited by Tradesman; 12-19-2011, 07:27 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Can you post pics of advanced timings with XMP enabled?

VCCSA needs to be 1.250V.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 12-08-2011, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I have the same situation. I have ASUS P9X79 Deluxe and the ram sticks are F3-19200CL11Q -16GBZD. RAM doesn't work on 2400Mhz but it works fine on 2133Mhz. I have tried to set VCCSA 1.250V without success.

I updated my BIOS to 0802, but the PC still fails to boot at 2400 with XMP(won't POST, no beeps).

Comment

Viper, can you post your BIOS settings (and do you have the latest BIOS?)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Comment

VCCSA to AUTO, VTTCPU to 1.12

Tman

Comment

I set VCCSA to AUTO, VTTCPU to 1.125. Result is no boot. I have returned back to 2133. Is there something else I can try to set memory to 2400?

Comment

I've already RMA once through Newegg, but the new kit still fails to boot at 2400. If I tweak the VCCSA and VTT, I am able to run at 2133 stably. However, my old Corsair DDR3 @1600 works perfectly fine on my motherboard, so it pretty much rules the possibility of a defective mobo. This led me to believe that there is probably a BIOS issue.

Comment

That would be my guess, the BIOS, might check with them and see if it's even up to 2400 sticks, many aren't since there aren't that many sticks available yet

Tman

Comment

Specification of motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe says that this MB supports 2400 memory.
                      http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

Comment

Doesn't sound like it's adjusting things right. May need higher VTTCPU 1.2(+), what OC is the CPU at?

Tman

Comment

RAM doesn't work on 2400 even if I set CPU to default clock speed.

Comment

To run 2400 is going to take a healthy OC

Tman

Comment

I'll get this tested ASAP, unfortunately it may be after Xmas until I can respond back.

Will keep you posted.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X