Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot get RAM to hit specs advertised...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get RAM to hit specs advertised...

I recently purchased parts for a new PC build... got everything up and running, but when I went to load th XMP profile for the RAM I purchased, my PC will turn off, start (no POST beep(s) or video), turn off, then come back on to tell me that my overclock has failied and I need to change settings... so I go back into the Auto mode so I can boot up. However I paid WAYYY to much money for this memory to only be able to run at stock speed.... so please HELP!!

System Specs:
    -Asus P9X79 PRO
    -Corsair GS700 (in the middle of getting my 1200w Coolermaster Silent Pro 80+ Gold returned... was sent a DOA)
    -4 x 4GB DDR3 2400 (9-11-10-28 1.65v) [F3-19200CL9Q-16GBZHD]
    -Intel i7-3930k
    -Gigabyte 590 GTX
    -2x OCZ Agility 3 (RAID 0)
    -Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler
    Last edited by timmy814537; 12-06-2011, 12:16 PM.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the mobo, 0802? If not, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._PRO/#download

If so, should be able to install the sticks, ensure they are firmly seated, boot into BIOS, enable XMP and select the 2400 profile....the set is on their latest QVL....if problems persist may want to run Memtest on each stick individually to make sure each stick is good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Monster system in the making

Comment

I have not updated my boards BIOS yet... will check my version and try that, and reply with results

Comment

They've been working on the BIOSs for all their X79 mobos, but hopefully, since they got your set on their latest QVL the newest one will provide the fix

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yea i just checked my BIOS version... its 604... from October. doing research on how to update my BIOS now
            Last edited by timmy814537; 12-06-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

That's what I was guessing, let us know when you get a chance

Tman

Comment

issue resolved... well mostly (still not getting 2400Mhz... getting just under 2200Mhz)... i updated my BIOS from 602 to 804, then tried to use the XMP profile again... which did not work. then i used the AI Suite II auto tuner which bumped up my CPU to almost 4.8Ghz and ram to 1922Mhz... then i went in and tried to clock the ram to 24xx (was higher than 2400) then i bumped it down one option to what i have now... see below for details
                Last edited by timmy814537; 12-07-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Might be having stability problems with the higher freq due to the BCLK at 103, might try at 100 w/ 2400

Tman

Comment

What is your VCCSA voltage?

It needs to be ~1.250V for DDR3-2400.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

currently is at 1.2v, next time i make any changes ill see if increasing the .05 helps

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X