• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f3-12800cl9-4gbrl weird

f3-12800cl9-4gbrl X 2
    MSI 890FXA-GD65
    AMD 1090t BE

Hello, I'm really confused about the ram that I have. I have never been able to successfully get it to 1600 but after reading these posts, I'm ok with that. So I started tinkering with timings and I'm now running at 7-7-7-20 1333 and it's working!! Now my main question is ..What are the other timings? This mobo uses very loose timings by default and I know I could get better results if I knew all the other timings that are set to auto. Also, should I up the voltage for tighter timings. Thanks

more info

After I wrote the post, I decided to just go into my bios to find the timings that I still need. What would you set these at for CL7 ram at 1333?

Trfc
    tcwl
    tfaw
    tref
    trwtto
    twrrd
    twrwr
    trdrd
    Last edited by Sylas; 11-29-2011, 09:03 PM. Reason: mispell

Comment

Gskill might be able to offer suggestions on the advanced timings......as far as 1600, if you want to try them there, there's a sticky here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

for setting up 1600 sticks, since your running two sets, might have to raise DRAM and/or CPU/NB voltage a little higher than shown in the sticky

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey man...Thank you very much for turning me onto that link! I actually got my ram to 1600 stable, which is ultimately what I wanted to do. That is just so awesome!!
        I followed the steps and set my cpu-nb to 2400 and raised voltage to 1.2v set the basic timings to 9-9-9-24, booted into windows, rebooted ran memtest and all is very good. Also set DIMM to 1.6. Now I'm comfortable overclocking the hell out of my CPU and GPU because I can actually see their temps. Anything I should watch out for with N/B heat? Hey thanks again for your excellent direction.

Comment

Like I said...Weird

I have to recant my previous statement that I was winning the battle with this beast. Prime95, memtest86 and built in windows mem tester all went fine with those 1600 settings. Played Skyrim and in 5 minutes no error...program just closed. Battlefield 3 thankfully gave me a more definite sign and locked my computer at the very beginning. I had voltage at 1.6 for the Dimms. I'm not heart broken about it though because everything does work solid with 7-7-7-22 1333. I'm just curious what would be the appropriate timings for a CL7 setup. And would I still need to give it extra voltage.

Comment

Believe GSkill should be in today....if solid at 1600 now or 1333, except for games check your Graphics driver for the latest or possibly a beta, they are alwsays updating for games, might look here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

but in the meantime, at 1600 make sure the timings are 9-9-9-24, check CR (Command Rate, Command timing, something like that) and ensure it's at 2N (or 2T if using the T designator) as many AMD mobos default to 1N (or 1T), DRAM voltage 1.55 and CPU/NB 1.2 to 1.24. AT 1333 might try with CL8 at 8-8-8-24 2N 1.5 CPU/NB 1.2.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try 7-7-7-24 1.60V or 7-8-7-24 1.55V

Post some BIOS pics and we can see what's going on.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have had excellent luck with 7-7-7-22 settings but here is a more descriptive picture

Comment

Oh and I forgot to mention that I cannot get 1600 fully stable for anything. raised voltages to 1.65, 2T as opposed to 1T, 9-10-9-24, nothing would work 100% and that was weird too because I was prime stable for 30 mins but fired up Skyrim and crashed. BF3 wouldn't even let me in the game at all. Memtes86, and built in windows showed no problems. Games were working at 8-8-8-24 1333 but bring up the speed to 1600 and poof....no more games. I'm ok with CL7 settings as this brings me closest to those 1600 speeds and I'm Prime stable, Memtest ok, and Skyrim approved. Do my settings seem ok to you? Thanks again for all your help
                  Last edited by Sylas; 12-02-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Have you tried raising CPU/NB voltage a bit? Not sure where you are at, but maybe + .04 since you sound like things are close

Tman

Comment

Those are great settings, if that works, I really don't see why DDR3-1600 wouldn't. =/

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

oh you mean with 1600 settings? I went up to 1.201 but since I cant really monitor temps on that, I decided to not go any higher. In the future though I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Yeah, I think those timings are fine too and the benchmarks show an improvement in throughput, so 7-7-7-22 it is and maybe just maybe I'll try to tweak these down a bit ...ever so slowly

Comment

Glad to hear keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X