Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL voltages

F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL

Been using these for roughly 4 months now with great performance.

My mobo is Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P F6 BIOS and CPU is i7 2600k.

I have had this memory running in XMP profile 1 at 2133MHz 1.5v for a while now and just recently began having issues. The issues I'm having are BSOD and errors on Prime95.

I've read about raising the voltage to 1.65v to solve stability issues at 2133MHz and have tried this with success. At 1.65v the system is stable again.

My question is, does raising my voltage to 1.65v affect my CPU's voltage? I run a mild overclock on my 2600k at 4.3GHz and noticed that after raising my memory voltage to 1.65v my CPU temps are a lot higher than before. Previously I'd top out around 65C but now I am getting a few temps in the mid 70's on my CPU.

I looked in my BIOS for a VCCIO/VCCSA (which ill admit I do not know what those are or what they do) and I cannot find those settings. I saw a reply on a Newegg feedback that suggested raising VCCIO by 0.05v.

By the way, thanks for the case badges, dog tags, and stickers. Really appreciate all of that =)

Jesse

Raising DRAM Voltage does NOT raise CPU Voltage, but it will increase CPU temp because the memory controller is in the CPU. Higher DRAM Voltage means higher memory controller voltage, so higher memory controller voltage means higher CPU temps.

VCCIO should be in the voltage section, maybe known as QPI/VTT Voltage.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well last night I raised my QPI/VTT voltage by 0.05v and I thought I was good to go. After roughly 2 hours of gaming on BF3 I left my computer on all night and woke up to a BSOD.

Ill just rock the 1.65v to get the 2133MHz and deal with the higher temps. They are within limits and I'm not one of those customers who are **** over a couple of degrees as long as its stable.

Comment

Keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Mid 70's under full load stress test? Or just during normal use?

Which CPU cooler are you using?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Mid 70's under full load stress test? Or just during normal use?

Which CPU cooler are you using?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Those temps are what I usually got while playing Battle Field 3 and using a Corsair H60 CPU cooler.

I recently upgraded to the Noctua NH-D14 since Newegg had it for a really nice sale price. I just installed that last night and after a couple of hours on BF3 with my memory at 1.65v max temps were around mid 60s. Big improvement over the H60.

edit: I have not tried a Prime95 test with the Noctua cooler yet. Will try sometime tonight after I get off work and update as needed.

Comment

A thin layer of thermal compound is sufficient. Make sure not to over apply, sometimes people think more is better, and it actually decreases heat transfer efficiency.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Depending on the thermal compound you use, might let cure for a few days before any heavy OCing

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So its been a few days with thew new cooler installed. Temps are looking great thanks to the Noctua. I am still running 1.65v @ 2133Mhz (sometimes).

Now something new has started plaguing my system. At 1.65v and 2133MHz my system is unstable. Sometimes I get BSOD while loading windows, other times I'll get it randomly like closing iTunes or some other small program.

Here is what I've tried:
                  - Memtest86 turned up zero errors
                  - Stepped back my memory to 1600MHz @ 1.5v for a day and everything was good. Played several games, trans coded some movies with Handbrake for my iPhone. All was good.
                  - Stepped it up to 1866MHz @ 1.5v and was stable for 2 days. More gaming, folding at home.
                  - Now at 2133MHz I'll either go a full day with no errors and think I'm good to go, or get errors (BSOD) right away while windows is loading.

I have tried these settings (2133MHz @ 1.65v) with my CPU over clocked and at stock MHz. No differences noted.

I don't run Prime95 or any other torture test program to test my stability. I just use the computer for what I built it for, gaming. That being said, when I do get a good boot up into windows at 2133MHz, when I try to run Prime95 it will almost always immediately BSOD. If it doesnt BSOD right away, it will within 3-5 minutes.

I am kind of clueless as to what I can do now to get rated speeds out of this memory. After roughly 4 months of use at those speeds I am wondering if I am having some sort of performance degradation from normal use?

Any tips? Tricks?
                  Last edited by jeflies; 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Could try raising QPI/Vtt another .02

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                      Could try raising QPI/Vtt another .02
                      Will test and put up results in a little bit.

Comment

I'll be in and out over the weekend

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X