890FX UD5 F3-12800CL9D Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 890FX UD5 F3-12800CL9D Problems

Hello! I'm not too familiar with rummaging around in my bios so please bear with me.

Mobo: gigabyte 890FX ud5 (rev 1.0 i think)
    Memory: F3-12800CL9D ddr3-1600 8GB(2x4)
    Cpu: 1055t

I believe my new set of memory sticks is causing some issues. With my previous set of gskill 2x2GB (forget the product number) I was able to OC my 1055t to ~3.9 ghz, however after putting in these new sticks I am having issues.

I have followed the stickys, and even reverted the memory to 1333mhz (8-8-8-24) 1.50V, and reset all other settings like cpu northbridge etc to default but I am unable to boot to windows. Each time I save, the computer gives an error saying there was a problem, and says cpu speed is 14.0x200mhz, memory speed 1333mhz, HT speed 2000mhz. using these settings it can at least boot to windows, but if I manually set those same settings in the bios it crashes

Anyway, please let me know if I can help explain more. I'd at least like to get to a base line where I can sit stably.

Thanks!
    Btw, I see some mentioning of setting the dram to 1600 (but not mhz) or something like that. Is there some sort of setting other than the memory clock that I need to adjust?

Couple options are offered in the sticky here

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

and make sure you have the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X