• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system unstable because of memory

hello everyone,
    Model of the motherboard: gigabyte 880-gm-ud2h
    Model of the memory: {Ripjaws} F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (2Gx2) DDR3-1600
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
    i have a problem with the memory and it causes many BSOD (blue screens) ,alot reboots and also information gets lost many times. i used Memtest86+ to check the memory and i got no errors on the first stick while the second had more when 700,000 errors!
    what im I supposed to do? thanx to anyone who can help me.

You can try the instructions in the sticky here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

but generally the 955 is a bit on the weak side to run 1600 sticks, might want to drop to 1333 and try it there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanx for the fast reply.
      I have 2 questions:
      1. if i change the timings {as it's said i have to do in the sticky} can the memory be damaged?
      2.what does it mean if Memtest86+ found alot errors on the stick and how can i fix them?
      thanx and please answer the questions independantly.

Comment

1. No, why would we ask you to damage anything..

We do the dangerous stuff here.. we only suggest more than capable settings to you guys.

2. If the settings are correct and the memory is indeed defective, an RMA is necessary. You can not fix them.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          You can try the instructions in the sticky here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

but generally the 955 is a bit on the weak side to run 1600 sticks, might want to drop to 1333 and try it there
          hello , I tried to change the bios settings as it's said in the sticky but after that my system just won't go POST and I hardly could get back to bios to change to the default settings.
          what other options do i have to resolve the issues? what would u suggest me?
          Last edited by rutark100; 10-22-2011, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Did you try 1333? want them at 8-8-8-24 2N 1.5...and CPU/NB 1.3 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X