No announcement yet.

DDR 3 Which one for Asrock N68C-S-UCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was one of our favorite motherboards until all the recent new stuff came out.. but you can definitely expect very good overclocking results. It is a great motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

New Build on the way,,,Questions

I know the questions are supposed to be before my compulsive buying.
      Here is what I have on the way.
      ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Socket AM3 ATX Motherboard
      AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T Thuban 3.2GHz 4000MHz Socket AM3 Six-Core 45nm Processor.
      G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800
      ).
      Ok I saw what a great deal newegg had that I didnt even look I took Gskills advice to grab this memory.
      Now I am wondering if I did the right thing. I read about peeps having problem with using a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus fan. Or if I do not OC, can I get away with using stock fan/cooler?
      Since this mobo was one of your favs do you see any problem with having room installing the memory with the gigantor fan?

I also have a basement full of hard drives and, yes next month I will invest in a ssd.
      I have many empty PC cases I could pick from, however since I am going over budget. Any ideas for a $50 case with PSU on bottom. I dont need the lights and all the displays.
      I will most likely for the time being be using my NVidia Geforce 9800GT and my Seagate 7500 500GB, for about a week or so. '
      Does anyone see any problems with this build and any advice would be helpful.
      Not being familiar with ASUS and this mobo. I am in uncharted territory. I am used to slapping together MSI's in 4 hours. So any help & advice would be great.
      I also plan on picking up a OZC 650 PSU...
      If I go to ASUS forum everyones complaining because they havent done a build before or they OC'd wrong. So I dont go there any more....Thx for any help and advice
      Last edited by CCTEK; 10-27-2011, 06:48 PM.
      Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 CPU
      AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
      G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4G 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
      1600 (PC3 12800)
      Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus BronzeCertified High Performance PSU
      Case: Cooler Master HAF 932,
      CPU cooler: H80
      300GB WD VelociRaptor 10K RPM 32MB Cache SATA6GB
      EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Comment

Should be OK, I wouldn't anticipate any problems, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx

Thx Tradesman,I just spent way too much time with me being so unfamiliar with Asus. I made the mistake by going to the Asus board...OMG...All negative about peeps exp with that particular board. But then I saw a pattern. Its mostly peeps that OC and dont know how to OC or Peeps trying to play the blame game on thier ignorence. All of you there at Gskill have been great and have guided me thrugh this build. On what is good and what is not...You guys are tops ...

Thx so much
          AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
          1600 (PC3 12800)
          Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus BronzeCertified High Performance PSU
          EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Comment

It is best to have an aftermarket CPU cooler; stock may be OK, but if placed under full load for a while, it may get hot since full slots of memory are installed. If you operate the memory at a lower frequency with tighter timings, it should be less stressful and much cooler. Just keep an eye out on temps, but it should be fine.

Most CPU coolers don't have a problem, but some that go completely over the memory slots, and are basically the size of another computer in a computer case, those may have issues. But most people don't use those.

You definitely won't have any issues. The people that do and complain are those that don't understand how to overclock nor build a performance system. They see the motherboard supports DDR3-2000+, so if I buy DDR3-2000, it should work plug and play like a charm right?

No.

It actually takes advanced overclocking, so then they can be easily frustrated because it is the opposite of what they thought initially. We had 50+ test benches for this motherboard, so we know exactly what it is.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

CPU Cooler/fan

Would anyone know the dimensions for:
              16 GB G.SKILL Sniper 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR.

I am trying to find a cpu cooler that this memory would fit under.

As in previous posts, the build will be ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Socket AM3 ATX Motherboard
              AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T Thuban 3.2GHz 4000MHz Socket AM3 Six-Core 45nm Processor.
              G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

So I am looking for the dimentions with mobo in mind and memory in all four slots. In order to choose the correct fan/cooler

Any suggestions on what fan to get.
              You people at G.Skill have been extremely helpful.
              I feel like this is your build as well since I started out just looking for an upgrade for my old PC and ended up doing a completely new build.

So Which CPU Cooler/fan should I get. So I have enough clearance for the memory?

Thx so much
              AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
              1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

This new build is going to kill your old 9850 CPU with DDR2 like it's 20 years old

Most CPU coolers have clearance for both the Sniper and RipJaws. RipJaws is slightly taller, but it will be fine as well. A very good CPU cooler design is the Prolimatech Megahalem, Thermalright Ultra 120, Thermalright True Black, Noctua NH-D14, all these will work just fine and provide great cooling.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thx for the cooler input

Thx so much for the cooler input. It corosponds with the guys at pureoverclock forums. They as well have been very helpfull. Almost as much as you guys at G.Skill. You represent G.Skill very well. As fior the ASUS forum...HA!! Its been a week and I havent even seen a response. Basically, You people at G.Skill are building me a mean gaming machine...Cant wait to get it all. Ill spend 4 hours slapping it together and the next two days picking your brain. And of course installing most of my junk.

Thx again ...
                  AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
                  1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

We'll be around

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Im Backkk!!!!! Almost done..Need more advice

Ok, Its me again. Everyone has given me alot of great input. Now its time to buy some more to complete the build.
                      Then I can start slapping the rig together.
                      Starting with the

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Socket AM3 AMD 890GX/SB850 6 SATA USB 3.0 ATX Motherboard,
                      G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4G 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
                      AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T Thuban 3.2GHz 4000MHz Socket AM3 Six-Core 45nm Processor

Now I have had so many great suggestions with coolers I really dont know which one to order along with a case.

I want to utilize on the case USB3.0 and have the case so its big enough to handle either

Coolers/fans:
                      Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright U120E 1366 RT Rev. C CPU Cooler, The Thermaltake Jing Universal CPU Cooler, ProlimatechMegahalem and ThermalrightTrue Black.
                      Now Im trying to keep price and space down. like under $100
                      Cases :
                      Aerocool Strike-X GT Black Edition Mid Tower Case, Enermax - Hoplite Case, Thermaltake Armor A60 Gaming Mid-Tower...Just to name a few. I am looking to spend under $100.

I need a case that will utilize the usb 3,0, Great airflow, Room enough for the cooler. Bottom PSU. and a heatsink/cooler that wont get in the way of the memory. I want to use all four slots.
                      So...help me make a choice..

I definately need some help here. Case with enough room for the cooler,and a cooler thats not going to get in the way of the memory.

All input would be great,
                      I am still going to add on a maybe a 650-750 psu.
                      So once I get all that stuff, then the fun begins.
                      Ill slide in a ssd next month and maybe an upgrade on the graphics card.

Any suggestions on the cooloer and case. Pls narrow it down..As long as everything fits(memory under heatsink & A case wide enough to hold Heatsink/cooler/fan and doesnt cost me a fortune?????? another words.... make up my mind....its a terrable thing to waste..wait I did that in the 70's

Thx ahead of time
                      AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
                      1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

I'd look at the Thermalright True Black for your cooler and the Cooler Master Storm Sniper for the case

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X