DDR 3 Which one for Asrock N68C-S-UCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR 3 Which one for Asrock N68C-S-UCC

Hope I can get some help on getting some DDR3 memory for my system.
    Im running a ASock N68C-S-UCC Mother board. I have G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B in my system now and Im pleased with the Gskill. Is any one familiar with G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL and if they would be compatable with my sytem. Im running an AMD PHENOM 9850 Quad and win 7 System builders edition 64bit.

Any help would be great.
    Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 CPU
    AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4G 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
    1600 (PC3 12800)
    Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus BronzeCertified High Performance PSU
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 932,
    CPU cooler: H80
    300GB WD VelociRaptor 10K RPM 32MB Cache SATA6GB
    EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Replied to your email, so I'll let someone else help here.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Looking for a good cheap Mobo for AMD Phenom 9850 Quad

Thx for the response.
      So now I am looking for a Cheap Motherboard to go with my AMD Phenom 9850 Quad.
      I have an ASRock now and , Yes I know..Its not what I want.

What would be a good mobo to get?

I have G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B in it now and wanted to upgrade to DDR3 gaming memory. Any suggestions on what would be a good Mobo for my AMD phenom.
      When I build I always have used MSI.
      I had someone else do this build for me, for 300 it served its purpose.

I am looking to upgrade to a gaming /performance system.

With AMD Phenom 9850 Quad with from what was suggested. G.Skill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH memory.

Any help would be great.
      AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
      1600 (PC3 12800)
      Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 Series 850-Watt 80 Plus BronzeCertified High Performance PSU
      EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Comment

Any one Have any Ideas

Im sure you guys must be busy and I really do appreciate your help however, could you be more specific?
        Im trying to get this problem resolved and purchase some g.skill mem.
        I just need you or anyone to expand or let me know what motherboard I should get since most of you know more than I do.
        Im trying to find a cheap mobo that will except my AMD Phenom 9850 Quad and if I should buy G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH. Or just get a cheap Suggested mobo that will take my old memory G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B.
        I know the ASRock is crap. So Im following the suggestion that I should get another motherboard. I would just like to know which one anyone out there would suggest.

Thx for any replys. Im on a tight budget and in much of a hurry so I can put this to rest.

Replied to your email, so I'll let someone else help here.
        AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
        1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

You just need to make sure it supports the CPU and memory. Any 785, 790, 870, 880, 970 chipset will work just fine. I'm not sure what features you may need, so you need to browse and see what's best for you.

Here are some options:

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...r=PRICE&Page=4

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Different plans now

Thanks G.Skill for your help. Well here I go again with changing plans again. I figured if I am going to go to all this time and expence I might as well upgrade. Its really not like adding DDR3 will turn my system into a rocket blaster. So I decided to get a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX. Which gives me alot more options. Now I always (when I build) have found that MSI mobos have always been very stable and easy to work with. My choices are either and ASUS or MSI. I want peoples opinion as I know that the chipset is the most important thing. I havent a clue whats hot these days. If anyone can guide me to an inexspensive $50-$70 mobo and 8GB of G.Skill gaming Ram around $50 or so. I can reuse most everything else and eventually get a solid state drive.
            So, Gaming performance. Not Huge on overcloocking things. I want to extend the life of the product and OC tends to decreace the life. Iknow. I have worked every area of electronics and also made Semiconductors for the Government. So I do know a bit about electronics.TOOT !!TOOT!!!..Thats me blowing my own whistle..Ok So what I need is opinions on G.skill mem DDR3 about $50 a Mobo that the new AMD Phenom II willl take off in. I want to keep the price down. I have a super high wattage PS, I have so many cases. I will have to get this monster cooled (suggestions). as well as getting a Bios chip fan. I have a cellar full of DVD drives. Is it really worth it to go to a blu-ray drive Writable. I dont have a blue ray.

So please help me set up a new build with your opinions.......Thx ahead of time.
            AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
            1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

Same information as my previous post, now you just have a good/better CPU to drive everything. Any of the chipsets I mentioned before will be very good.

It's hard to recommend a specific motherboard because there are many features that we don't know if you want or not.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

What I would use the PC for

I am going to be using it #1,performance, Lots of multi-tasking, #2, Gaming. I am looking for something that wont be outdated two years from now..I know thats not a reality. I need a board that is extreamly stable.
                AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
                1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

Hopefully some of the members can here offer something as a suggestion, sorry but I gave up building AMD boxes a few years back and while I can set them up, I wouldn't feel right on offering suggestions as to what to buy.......unless you want to go Intel

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx, I am an AMD man...

Thx for the response. I am such a creature of habit. I am stuck between going with AMD 1090 6core or the Quad. It seems that both will give me about the same. The big question is what the reccomendation on a mobo. Asus or MSI. I have had very bad luck with gigabyte. I have built many MSI's and they always seem to go smooth. I always seem to hear from peeps that they are having this prob or that with the Asus build. Unless they have changed. Thx for responding though. Im sure there must be some other peeps there at G.Skill that can offer an opinion on what would be a good board for expansion, Able to move a bit with the times, stable, fast, Would use for performance, dependability, multi-task. and Gaming now and then.
                    I have this need for speed.
                    If I started out building intel I would probebly be there.
                    Thx for the response though.

Any oneelse, Feel free to give opinions
                    AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
                    1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

No problem, I have my favorites and my WILL NOT USE list, but alot of it is personal perceptions...i.e. I might use some boards for some users but not for others based on the tech savvy and how I think they might dig in and play with them, some I've found to be rather touchy w/ OCing, others are a breeze, some clients are a whiz at the techy end, others should be locked out of the BIOS entirely.....sigh!....such a fun world!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It depends a lot on your price range and necessary features. We can give you a list of good motherboards, but some may cost too much or not have what you need. But based on experience, MSI or ASUS will be your best bet at a high performance, bug free motherboard.

ASUS M4A89TD
                        ASUS M4A88T
                        ASUS M5A88V
                        ASUS M5A99X

MSI 890FXA
                        MSI 880GM

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok Here is what I think is a good build

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Socket AM3 ATX Motherboard
                          AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T Thuban 3.2GHz 4000MHz Socket AM3 Six-Core 45nm Processor.
                          16 GB G.SKILL Sniper 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR
                          How does that match up.
                          A good build or not...
                          I can do this all for close to $400
                          My question is do I have the right G.Skill memory.
                          Will everything sync up?
                          AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
                          1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

Get memory a tad better like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231315

I can guarantee a FAST system.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Better memory

Im ordering as I type. Is that a good build. I have always used MSI mobo's So this will be my first asus.
                              Thanks very much for the input
                              AMD Phenom 1090T X6,
                              1600 (PC3 12800)

Comment

Working...
                              X