12800cl9t-6gbnq freezing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12800cl9t-6gbnq freezing issues

so i got the 6gb 12800cl9t-6gbnq and it constantly freezes randomly. mostly during in game though.
    timings are
    1.55v

system specs: asus m4a89gtdpro/usb3
    amd x6 1090t 3.2 ghz
    6850xfx ati
    640gb hd.
    windows 7 64 bit.

i've reinstalled windows 7 but i suspect that the voltage of the sticks is whats causing my freezing problems and when it freezes it makes like a fan noise o.0" from my speakers. after changing the voltage from 1.5 to 1.55 it didnt freeze as much when it was on default 1.5.

May need to raise the CPU/NB voltage for the three sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      May need to raise the CPU/NB voltage for the three sticks
      to what or by how many? i just raised my ram sticks to 1.57

Comment

Not sure what your CPU/nb is at, but might start by raising it .05 then if needed another .02

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Not sure what your CPU/nb is at, but might start by raising it .05 then if needed another .02
          i added.10 to the original voltage so its now at 1.25 i think or 1.35. thanks for the help.

Comment

That's within safe limits, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

so that means the number in the brackets will have to be .05 instead of .10 right?

Comment

okay the problem came up again after i called your support guys, i fixed the timings to enter manually 9,9,9,24 and it stopped for a while, now i just got that same problem.

Comment

Could you post your settings?

Tman

Comment

timings:
                    2t
                    cpu/nb +.10

Comment

What's your host/Bus freq? Have you seen the sticky for 1600 DRAM? Here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Tman

Comment

What's your host/Bus freq? Have you seen the sticky for 1600 DRAM? Here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688
                        yes indeed i have and the part i don't get is 2. Set CPU-NB Frequency to 2400MHz (DDR3-1600 / 2 = 800MHz, then x 3) CPU-NB Frequency should always be 3X DRAM bus frequency

where am i suppose to find this? i've found the cpu-nb frequency also setted 2400 mhz, wheres the ddr3 1600/2 = 800MHz, then x 3? and my host/bus freq?

Comment

It's just the formula to figure what the CPU/NB frequency needs to be when running this method to get to 2400, if you had 1866 sticks you would need a 2800 CPU/NB freq:

1866 / 2 = 933 x 3 = 2799 (or 2800)

so going this way, in the BIOS manually set the sticks to 1600 and ensure the CPU/NB freq is manually set to 2400

Tman

Comment

It's just the formula to figure what the CPU/NB frequency needs to be when running this method to get to 2400, if you had 1866 sticks you would need a 2800 CPU/NB freq:

1866 / 2 = 933 x 3 = 2799 (or 2800)

so going this way, in the BIOS manually set the sticks to 1600 and ensure the CPU/NB freq is manually set to 2400
                            oh i used the 2nd method, and the formula am i supposed to set it in the bios or its just an explanation of how the ram things work?

Comment

Yes manually set CPU/NB freq to 2400

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X