• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Mbd GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 - fail w/ (4)F3-8500CL-7D-8GBRL

New Build - have a problem.

running windows 7 ultimate.

I5 processor
    Gigabyte Mbd GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard

After increasing the memory from 2 dimms installed ( 2x4g Gskill ripjaws F3-8500CL-7D-8GBRL) ddr3 up to ( all 4 DDR3 dimms installed - all 4 same type) now keep getting blue screen crashes.

running the windows memory test on initial boot up - get "hardware failures"

I then reduced the memory to just 2 DDR3 dimms installed, and the bootup windows memory testing passes. Cycled thru all 4 of the DDR3 memory modules, and they all pass as long as only 8G in the mother board.

fail memtest w/ 4 dimms, pass w/ 2 dimms

SO...I'm assuming the mother board is bad.... ????

using all default bios settings

Are you inputting the DRAM settings manually? It appears you are trying to run two sets of the sticks together, which doesn't always work...can Try with one set at stock settings, go into BIOS, raise the DRAM Voltage to 1.55, the VCCIO by +.07 and the vCore +.05 and see if that helps, then experiment from there. The DRAM is offered in a variety of combos (up to 24GB) so that people can get the amount they want in a pretested set of sticks, when you start mixing 2 or more sets they may not always play well together, especially if they come from different production lots/runs. Normally they can be urged to play together with slight voltage adjustments, but not always.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Everyone - Thanks for all the tips - I have tried them all, and various voltage settings, and the end result is these two seperate 2-dimm packs ( each pack is two 4 G ddr3 dimms) just do not seem to play together when all 4 are plugged in.

I have a "matched" 4 dimm set - four of the 4G ddr3 dimms, exact same type - so we'll see if the "matched set" works - if stilll no go, then I will assume its the motherboard is bad.

I'll update as I get more info

Comment

We'll be looking for you

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK...here is update.

Received the 4 dimm "kit" package, and installed all 4 dimms.....so far has passed the boot up windows memory tests, that previously failed when using the (2) two-dimm sets.

Several hours of running...so far no crashes.

Bios settings are set for the default "optimized" bios settings.....

Comment

Glad to hear it.....

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X