No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7D gskill-8GBSR going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like either a bad mobo, bad MC in the CPU, or possiblebent pins in socket, thermal compound seeped under CPu or in socket, might see if anyone you know has a similar mobo you could test the CPU in (and could check socket on your) which should narrow the problem down

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello Folks,

What TM posted are all possible causes to your problem and should be explored in due time. I did not take you that route because I prefer to do the easy stuff first, and then get down and dirty only if necessary. Your motherboard manual specifies that single RAM operation is to be conducted from RAM slot A2. Your testing has proven that this specification is being met. Your motherboard further specifies that dual channel operation with two RAM sticks is to be conducted from RAM slots A2 and B2. That specifications is not being met. We want to troubleshoot towards a solution to the problem or a possible RMA if the need arises. The question is hence why can we not operate as per specs with RAM sticks inserted int slots A2 and B2 as per ASUS specs for your motherboard. The facts that single RAM stick operation is possible from slot A1 and not possible from slot B1 or B2 is nice to know information but not truly relevant to proving or disproving that this motherboard and/or the RAM sticks do not meet specs.

You can not affirm that you two RAM sticks are stable just because they work in slot A1 and A2. You need to run a full Memtest86+ diagnostic for that. If you wish to pursue the very valued possibilities brought forth by TM first it is certainly your prerogative. You can always get back to RAM testing later on if the need still exist. Here is a couple more possibilities to explore:

1- When using massive CPU cooler such as yours - a combination of the cooler weigh and over tightening the attachments for the cooler bracket causes distortion of the CPU bracket and motherboard causing less than desirable electrical connections for CPU pins or nearby devices attached to motherboard.

2- A follow on to one above and a possible catalyst to the problem related there. Motherboard spacing and securing posts: missing, improperly positioned or secured, misplaced extra post. Securing screws or insert pins on top of motherboard attaching to these posts to secure motherboard missing or loose.

Strip down your PC taking all necessary static precautions and then explore the possibilities posted by TM and I. Since your system will be out of the case anyway, I suggest that you re-assemble it outside of the case with only the basic required devices attached. if you have a smaller CPU cooler you may wish to try that as well.

Good luck,
      Windows7 Ultimate SP1 - 64bit
      i7-2600K-D2 @ 4.5G-1.37V, Cooler ? Corsair H70
      Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3 ? BIOS F5
      8GB Gskill F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD@ 2133 9-11-9-28-2T-1.65V
      Power Color Radeon 6990 @ 880x1250 MHz
      Corsair 1000 W
      LianLi Armor Suit PC-80
      Creative Audigy 2Z Card
      WD Raptor 600K, Samsung F3/1Tera
      LiteOn iHBS 212, Sansung SH-S203N

Comment

F3-12800CL7D gskill-8GBSR going crazy

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        Sounds like either a bad mobo, bad MC in the CPU, or possiblebent pins in socket, thermal compound seeped under CPu or in socket, might see if anyone you know has a similar mobo you could test the CPU in (and could check socket on your) which should narrow the problem down
        ^ this ..that's about the size of it ,the only other option you have ..is to pull your MB out take out the battery and wash/clean your DIMM slots with 99 percent pure isopropyl alcohol ( Use a lint-free tissue soaked in alcohol) and let it dry for few hours just to be on the safe side or just RMA the MB
        i7 3770K/4770K
        ASRock OCF
        Gskill
        ,Crucial C300,WD black,
        GTX570(972/2300)Corsair HX850W,
        Lite-On 24X,Win 7X64bit,TT Spedo

Comment

Alcohol is a great cleaning solution. It evaporates quickly, so any residue should be gone within minutes. 5-10 minutes is more than enough.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X