GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H & G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H & G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Having issues with these two.. I've been at it for like months! I'm about to give up and just go and try a different type of ram.. =/

Whenever I have both sticks in the correct dimm slots the system runs unstable and I get a lot of BSODs. I've tried placing them in the other slots too and still the same problem. Currently just running the machine with one stick in the first dimm slot and it seems to be stable at the moment. I really don't want to go and buy some other ram and have this set just sitting around doing nothing.. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H rev 1.0 (bios update f10)
    ram: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    cpu: AMD Athlon II X3 425 Rana 2.7GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor

You can check the first post in the sticky:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

for basic instructions to run 1600 with an AMD CPU, but with your X3 425, you might not be able to, the Memory Controller may/probably won't be able to handle 1600...if so might try at 1333 8-8-8-24, which performance wise would be near to same as native 1600 at CL9

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just tried method one and with those voltage settings it seems to be unstable because I get errors on start up and BSODs.. I let my mobo do automatic settings for voltage and it seems to be stable.. I guess I'll see how long it works for. Thanks for the help man!

Comment

No problem, if any problems can experiment, primarily with DRAM voltage and CPU/NB in small increments (normally going up one at a time

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Going to run prime95 n memtest later tn when it's not so hot. I'll keep you posted =)

Comment

I'll be around, will keep an eye out for your update

Tman

Comment

So after running prime95 and speedfan.. core temps stayed around 50ish but while running torture test in-place large FFTs and enabling round off checking.. the 2nd and 3rd worker got this error.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4997007031, expected less than 0.4
              Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
              FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
              Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

tried disabling round off checking and still the same error but only on the 1st worker..

running memtest right now and it's showing a lot of errors.. =/
              Last edited by dshiromoto; 08-27-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Are you trying to run at 1600? As mentioned earlier the CPU may not be able to handle it, might try at 1333 with 8-8-8-24 timings (stock voltage and CR at 2N)

Tman

Comment

Yeah. I even tried running at 1333 88824 and then running prime95 and still at least one or two of the workers would stop running.

Comment

Can run memtest on each stick to see if errors with both, if so @1333 may well be a voltage issue, if only one stick shows errors then prob a bad stick

Tman

Comment

sorry about the late response.. school just started and I'm loaded with classes and work all day. I'll test the individual sticks tn or tomorrow night!

Comment

Okay here's the results.. Ran memtest with individual sticks and the 2nd stick got a bunch of errors. I guess I have only one good stick?

Comment

woohoo +1 for G.Skill! RMA'd and they sent me a new set right away =) PC is finally working perfectly for once!!!!

Comment

Fantastic, glad to hear.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                            X