F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL BSODs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL BSODs

I picked up a second set of sticks from Newegg a few months back. I've been getting intermittent BSODs -- about once a week. I'd figured my Audigy 1 card and its' unofficial drivers were the culprit. Today I received multiple MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors. With that error in mind, I got to testing. First, I tried Windows 7s' built in memory tester. No errors. Then, I busted out Memtest86+. Ah-ha. I eventually narrowed down the errors to one of the newest sticks. I then tested the RAM on each memory slot -- Memtest reported errors on every one.

Timings are 9-9-9-24. I'm running the two older sticks now. No problems so far.

If errors on one of the new sticks might check with your e/re-tailer about an exchange..another possible would be to try slightly higher DRAM voltage, say about .05 higher

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was unable to fix the problem, so I RMAed the faulty stick. I received the replacement today and immediately tried it out...

*BEEEEEEEP*
      *Pause*
      *BEEEEEEEP*

After the two long beeps, an error regarding overclocking appeared on the post screen. I took out the new stick, swapped it with its' partner, and tried again. The same problem occurred, so I took out the new stick and the older, working one. The computer started up without problem. After looking over the new memory stick, something caught my eye. On the label, just above UPC code, is a series of letters and numbers. The new stick reads:

XMP CL9-9-9-24 1.5v

I'm not sure what "XMP" refers to, but rest refers to the timings and voltage the RAM should be run at. A quick look at the other stick reveals a slight difference. It reads as such:

CL9-9-9-24 1.5v

The other information on the labels appears to be indentical. I'm at a loss, and this slight disparity is the only thing that caught my attention. What do I do now?

Comment

UPDATE

I was able to get into Windows 7 by reverting to the default BIOS settings. I took the advice of someone on a different forum and scoped out the memory in CPU-Z. Note that Slot #4 has the XMP memory stick in it:

Comment

What motherboard and CPU are we working with here? DId you try manual settings? Manually set DRAM Frequency, timings, and voltage.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Motherboard
            GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3

CPU
            Athlon II X4 635

The original timings were manually set. The BIOS settings were nearly identical to Method #2 from this thread. The lowest I could manually set the CPU-NB frequency was 5X, so I left it on auto, which put it at 2000. On another forum, it was suggested I manually set the timings to 9-9-9-25-2T and the voltage at 1.5, which is close to what I had before (9-9-9-24-2T).

Comment

Originally posted by OatmealMu View Post
              Motherboard
              GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3

CPU
              Athlon II X4 635

The original timings were manually set. The BIOS settings were nearly identical to Method #2 from this thread. The lowest I could manually set the CPU-NB frequency was 5X, so I left it on auto, which put it at 2000. On another forum, it was suggested I manually set the timings to 9-9-9-25-2T and the voltage at 1.5, which is close to what I had before (9-9-9-24-2T).
              What your CPU revision ? RB-C2 or RB-C3
              C2 is not easy to run the 1600

Comment

BL-C2, as a matter of fact. For a few months, I was able to run four 2GB sticks at 1600. Then the blue screens came, and here I am today...

Comment

Running a Revision C2 Phenom or Athlon with all dimms populated@ 1600 is nearly impossible.
                  It will require major tweaking and that's no guarentee that it will work.
                  Try increasing your DRAM voltage to 1.55 and your CPU/NB voltage a notch or two.
                  You may also have to tweak your HT and NB voltages as well.
                  AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                  Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                  ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                  2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                  SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                  Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                  Corsair HX850W Modular
                  Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                  2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Did you test one at a time with proper settings to see if one may be bad causing a problem now?

You can also attempt DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V to put the CPU out of question.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X