• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 /w 12800CL9D-4GBXL

M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    12800CL9D-4GBXL (2 for a total of 16gb)
    AMD 1090T
    ATI 6850 x2

Ok so I have read through through several threads so far and followed the guide exactly. I have no stability problems whatsoever. However the only issue I do have is that the Bios and Windows doesn't recognize all 16gb of ram. However programs like Speccy show that all four slots are filled and shows the speeds/latencies. So I don't know what the exact problem might be, I figured this was the best place to look. Just fyi, my settings are that of the guide as far as voltages are concerned. Thank you in advance for the help!

Russ

What does Windows show? What does BIOS show? Have you run CPU-Z to seewhat shows under Memory? What OS are you running? if 32bit, it will only show 3-4GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

windows only shows 8gb as does the bios. CPU-Z shows 8gb as well. However Speccy and Overdrive show that all dimm slots are filled but still recognizing 8gb. I am using windows ultimate 64 bit.

Comment

Should have seen this earlier, was in a bit of a rush, sorry!, but if indeed the set's you have are 12800CL9D-4GBXL, then you only have 8GB each set is 2sticks x 2GB or 4GB total

12800 = freq (DDR3 1600)
        CL9 = CAS Latency of 9
        D = DUAL or 2 sticks

4GB = Total DRAM in set
        XL = Model ID

for 16 GB of this you would need the F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL sets, which are 8GB per set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X