• Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3-10666CL7Q System Freeze

Excuse my English, I am a Italian user.
    My setup

Intel I7 2600 K
    VGA Gainward GeForce GTX 570 GS-GLH Core 800MHz Memory GDDR5 4000MHz 1280MB
    Hard Disk Hitachi 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200rpm 64MB SATA3
    .RAM DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH 1333MHz 16GB (4x4GB) CL7-7-7-21 1.5v
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO Socket 1155 Intel Z68 DDR3
    Corsair 850 Watt
    Zalman 9900 MAX

I have random problems of instability, the system freezes during heavy work or during normal activities is no different.

I have to reboot the computer, reading around the problem should be due to instability of the ram, I would like to know if there is any manual method to set them on a regular basis or there are memories of working (really) for this motherboard?

The temperature of the CPU at full speed is around 60 degrees
    Only I have had these problems?
    For now seems stable with 8 GB, I set to 1.50 V and 7-7-7-21 in the bios, but I know there are other problems, I would like to have a stable configuration, you have any advice?

Might check the CR (Command Rate) it may have defaulted to 1T and should be 2T, w/ 16GB may need a little extra voltage to the CPU/VTT, .03 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I do not find these settings, especially the CR, I have the EFI BIOS: (

Comment

It may show as Command Rate, Command Frequency or something to that effect, look for a setting or 1T, 1N, 2T or 2N....you will want it at 2 regardless of the letter designator
        Last edited by Tradesman; 06-19-2011, 06:54 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have only had these problems? Or there were other cases?

Comment

Did you manually set the sticks up or did you enable XMP and run them that way or is everything on AUTO?

Tman

Comment

I will Set 7-7-7-21-2, 1,5 V.

Now the system is turned on for 12 hours without problems, I removed everything for overclocking, and I moved the sata port on another. It seems to work and stable with no freeze. Asus AI Suite is set to stability and performance, could also be that?

Comment

If stable, I'd keep as is, if further problems let us know

Tman

Comment

I found out it was the hard drive, the connector on SATA3 was gray, had to be placed on the BLUE ...... Thanks for all the support!

Comment

No problem, glad it worked out

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X