Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing problem

Hi..
    I want to ask a question. lately my computer freezing alot. well, this is happening before, but it just gone after i overclock the RAM a bit. but now it getting worse after i change to a bigger screen (17" to 22"). and more worse (maybe because the bios setting is back to default) after i return the motherboard because the ethernet problem...

Now i don't know which one is the main problem. but after i overclock the RAM, it's getting better. but still won't fix the problem. and when the computer freeze, the VGA fan will spin to max rpm. can you diagnose this problem and help to resolve it, whether i need to change the parts or change the setting?
    Thanks..

my Spec:

AMD Phenom X4 940 BE
    DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH
    Sapphire R4850 512 MB
    G.Skill DDR2 10600 4GBNQ
    Windows 7 32 bit

Not sure what you mean by OC the DRAM 'a bit'. Do you have the problem when running the DRAM at stock 1333? Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo? What happens if you revert to the smaller monitor? May want to check for updated drivers for your GPU or possibly even try a different Graphics card, it shouldn't go into overdrive if the system locks up (although it may be causing it. Also you say basically random freezes, any common denominator, I.e. in the middle of something memory intensive or multi-tasking, during a game (or variety of games)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try testing one stick at a time to see if both have the same problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X