Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock 807 Extreme 3 and G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 807 Extreme 3 and G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

I built a new system recently and I've been having random freezing issues. I've already RMA'd the mobo and CPU once and that helped a little, but I am still having stability issues and I believe it may be tied to the RAM timings and such. Here are the specs for the system:

Motherboard: Asrock 870 Extreme3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I set the RAM settings according to the sticker on the side of the chips and I'm still having issues. Are there any special settings that I need to input into the BIOS that will make the system more stable? Should I just RMA the ram and get a replacement or a different set?

Any help would be much appreciated. If you require any other information, do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

May be the CPU having trouble w/ 1600 speed, may want to look at the sticky:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

about AMD and 1600 DRAM....many AMD CPUs prior to the 965 Rev C can't handle it. Another option would be to try at 1333 and tighten the timings down, which would provide near same performance as 1600 at stock timings, not sure of your exact model, Ripjaws, but say they are 9-9-9-27 could try at 1333 w/ 8-8-8-24 as an example

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The model for the ram is F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL.

Disregard what I said before. I seem to have found the magic number for me to be 230 and not 240. I set the system up for that and she's been running smoothly ever since. I've had the Prime 95 torture test going for about 6 hours now, without fail. I'm going ot keep it running longer, but I do believe that I've got the problem nipped. =)

Thanks for your help, Tradesman! ^_^
      Last edited by WillSerenity; 06-05-2011, 06:27 AM. Reason: New information

Comment

No problem, most mobos have a 'sweet spot' for freq settings, yours appears to be lower, which is good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X