Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so if anyone can answer my question, I would be greatly appreciative.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so if anyone can answer my question, I would be greatly appreciative.

I really need some help. I recently purchased [ Ripjaws-X ] F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL on a whim because newegg was having a ridiculous sale on it and i couldn't pass it up. I assumed the ram was compatible with my motherboard. I am thinking now that I may have been wrong and perhaps a bit overly hasty in my purchase. I am curious if anyone could tell me if it is just flat out incompatible or if maybe I just need to adjust some voltages and frequencies and such in the bios? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I miss my computer being stable. I'm a ways through a few different games and it is torturing me!

My current configuration is as such:
    ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard,
    AMD Phenom II X6 Black 1100T (HDE00ZFBGRBOX),
    [ Ripjaws-X ] F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL,
    OCZ-Vertex 30GB SSD (OS drive) (Windows 7 ultimate x64)
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s (Program installation drive),
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1501FASS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s (Storage drive),
    EVGA 768-P3-1360-RX GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB.

Here I have included the most recent memory dump & mini dumps if it is of any help to anyone at all. http://www.sendspace.com/file/82po6l

Sincerely,
    frustrated and possibly a little retarded.

make sure the timings are 9-9-9-24-2T then ensure the voltage is 1.5V and you should be good to go. Regardless of the memory model or make, DDR3-1333 is quite standard (and low to some of us) frequency and should work with any platform. Once installed, the memory should automatically be at those timings/voltages because that's specified by any motherboard manufacturer. You're going to have to a bit of notation of what the timings are in BIOS.

If you don't know how to get in to BIOS, just press del during the boot up process where it tells you your processor model and RAM amount. From there you'll have to get in to "jumperfree configuration" or something of the sort that'll allow you to edit the timings (or simply make sure they're correct).

However, this thread should be of use to you. Your RAM model specifies it can run at DDR3-1600 (which is a bit faster than DDR3-1333).
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Good luck!
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.99 Ghz 1.38V
    ASRock x370 Taichi v2.0 BIOS
    16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 @14-14-14-34-75 TRC-312 TRFC - 1T
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
    EVGA G2 750W
    Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, 2x Intel 530 120GB, 1x Seagate 1TB

Intel s1155 2600K proc
    ASUS Maximus 4 extreme motherboard
    4x2GB GSkillF3-17000CL9D-4GBXL @ 2133 9-11-9-28-2T
    ASUS Geforce GTX 580 DCII @ 900/1800/4008/1.1V
    SeaSonic X-760 PSU
    G.Skill phoenix 120GB SSD

Comment

I definitely tried all of the settings in that post before I even asked my question here. Unfortunately, it did not work. The bios kept telling me that overclocking failed and I could only get it to boot using setup defaults. And with that, came the bsod's again. I'm thinking my motherboard cannot run this ram. Which saddens me that I have what amounts to a really expensive paperweight.

Comment

Some changes need to be made w/ 1600 sticks and AMD, the sticky here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

will get you started, from there if you still have troubles, check back, becasue with 16 GB you may have to increase the CPU/NB voltage and possibly the DRAM voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I really do not mean to be cynical here but, as I stated in my last response to this thread, I have already tried adjusting my bios to the specs stated in that post. I have raised the nb voltage and dram as stated and it still doesn't work. I found that post when I first started trying to fix the problem which is what led me to register here in this forum and ask for help. I guess I should have expected canned responses to my question because that is how the internet seems to works these days. I suppose I am a fool to think it would be otherwise.
          Again I'm not trying to be a **** here so please don't take offense, i'm just a bit frustrated with how difficult it is to get good tech support these days.

Comment

My fault,missed that, can you post your BIOS setting , DRAM and system voltages in particular

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

As of right now I am running everything on auto because that's the only way I can get it to boot. any changes I have made have failed. I have now swapped out the 16gb-1600 for 8gb of lower speed ram, and I have not had a bsod since. I would really love to run the 16gb ripjaws. a detailed system report can be found here

Comment

Well if those settings didn't work for you, test one module at a time to see if they are clear of errors and work fine individually. It's either bad settings or a bad kit, so that's what you need to test and figure out.

Tradesman does not work for G.Skill, he is just kind hearted enough to read your thread and attempt to help. Building your own system can be extremely frustrating at times, but the best thing you can do is be patient and as friendly as possible to get the proper support. This must be your first G.Skill problem because you should know that we will solve every single person's problem, so there is no real reason to become frustrated.

It is a small puzzle that will be resolved in a matter of trial and time.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH
                Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 05-31-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X