No announcement yet.

Please Help!!! AMD+ Gigabyte+Gskill=Unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So slowly add more voltage to CPU NB Vid and CPU as well? Is there a limit? I guess I'll know that it works when it boots properly? Or should I try the slower timings 9-9-9-24?
    I did the PSU calculator on Newegg and it said around 327w should be fine but it may need more I guess.

Is all this worth it or should I just sell all my memory and go with two 4gb sticks @ 1600?

Comment

Yep, slowly maybe + .02 at a time - could try slower timings, that might help.....2x4GB may be best solution

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Tman,
        Been doing some more research. Since the IMC for this CPU is only supposed to have 1333 ram, when I run 2 sticks @ 1600 could this be overclocking the CPU,

Also, when I look at the SPD tab in CPU-z. It shows the voltage should be 1.5 for the ram, but the stock voltage is 1.6 for the MOBO. If you search my name you can see
        My CPU-z shots on another thread I posted. Could this be causing a problem when I put all four sticks in?

Comment

If you followed the sticky: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688 and raised the CPU bus/host freq to 240, that OCed the CPU some, but just raising DRAM speed/freq won't.....unless the BIOS links them together. The default DRAM voltage is normally set to JEDEC standards which is 1.5, so it may default to 1.6 but should go lower if needed. 1.6 is still safe...but I still think the problem is that it's limited to 1 stick per channel. GSkill should be in today, maybe they can shed more light on this.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

T and R are different terminology for the Command Rate, so 2N = 2T
            A 430W PSU is not going to cut it with modern day hardware.
            You have to consider the wattage that your PC is pulling from the wall and factor in the PSU's effeciency.
            More than likely your PSU is running over it's effeciency level and is being stressed.
            This will cause ripples and inconsistent voltage to the +12v rail.
            Last edited by NemesisChild; 05-31-2011, 12:51 PM.
            AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
            Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
            ASUS Crosshair V Formula
            2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
            SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
            Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
            Corsair HX850W Modular
            Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
            2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Working...
            X