Upgrade ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade ram

I propose to upgrade following ram but which better and safe for ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3, Processor- AMD PhenomX4 965 BE.

Gskill DDR-III 8GB Kit Desktop Ram - Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    Gskill DDR-III 8GB Kit Desktop Ram - Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
    Gskill DDR-III 8GB Kit Desktop Ram - Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Gskill DDR-III 8GB Kit Desktop Ram - Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

I am asking this becouse this MOBO very sensitive to memory and often goes to BSOD. Also I am suffering-
    (a link given to understand about my problem http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/soft...ue-csreen.html )

I read in this forum a setting or tweak is required to AMD MOBO, what is advantage or disadvantage or it is safe ?
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

I'd suggest the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL, at 1333 there will be less stress on the MC (memory controller) than the 1600 sticks and you'd be better off w/ 8GB now then get 4GB and then want to try and add 4 more GB in the future which would be 4 sticks, and again more stress on the MC as well as possible problems with getting two separate sets to play together.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      I'd suggest the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL, at 1333 there will be less stress on the MC (memory controller) than the 1600 sticks and you'd be better off w/ 8GB now then get 4GB and then want to try and add 4 more GB in the future which would be 4 sticks, and again more stress on the MC as well as possible problems with getting two separate sets to play together.
      Your suggest accepted. You mean not to opt for 2 set kit of 2x2=4Gb, but only 2x4=8Gb of 1333Mh said model, which safer to me.
      But not mention any required settings or tweak for F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL.

Comment

If you have the latest BIOS for your mobo, with this set it will probably accept default settings (i.e. be plug and play), at worst you would manually enter the spped and base timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          If you have the latest BIOS for your mobo, with this set it will probably accept default settings (i.e. be plug and play), at worst you would manually enter the spped and base timings
          Thankyou

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X