need help setting memory timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help setting memory timing

Hi. would like to know if any one can help me with my memory timing. this is my current system

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

X 2 SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

right now its 1333 what and how would i change the timing for the memory or just leave it right where it is.

Take a look at the sticky:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Should get you to 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

add 4 more gig

i want to add 4 for more gig of the same memory. will adding more memory help my computer and will all 4 sticks run at 1600

Comment

More memory allows you to operate more things at one time. Four modules @ DDR3-1600 will require some tweaking to stabilize. More importantly, hopefully the two kits can work together. Sometimes even the same exact model memory may not work together.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

just wanted to say thanks to gskill's Tech for all the info on how to set memory timing. all is good. happy with the memory and its running at 1600 and the link that gskill has on how to set memory timing was really helpful was so eazy to follow i was surprised how ez it was. just waiting for my other 4 gig hop they work together at 1600. Thanks gskill

Comment

Glad to hear it, let us know how things go

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well i got my other 2x2 = 4 gig for a total of 8 gig and they are running good together good so far. this memory really works good on ASUS M4A79XTD EVO. im happy with the memory i have chosen for this build. it was eazy to set the timing in the bios. this is good ram for my AMD set up. Thanks GSKILL.

Comment

Enjoy and have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X