Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    DAOWAce,

I just used that memory on a P8P67 Deluxe the other day and it works flawlessly with XMP. So test each module to see if one is bad causing an issue.
    I have a P8P67 Evo, not Deluxe. I also highly doubt any of the modules went bad while swapping motherboards.

I'm waiting until I get a response from ASUS before I do anything further. Tempted to not send the MSI board back now.

Comment

Let us what happens if you have a chance.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm still waiting on a reply. How long has it been now?

The replies I've gotten were "call _____"

"our tech is based in india, we don't do in depth e-mail support, call for support".

Seems like a really bad troll response. Didn't have problems with e-mail support in the past (aside from techs barely reading my tickets).

Comment

On the GD65 (and possibly the ASUS) you could try raising the vCore voltage a bit (been playing with their boards a bit and it appears the voltage either doesn't show true in the BIOS or it just needs more than Auto sets.... Have seen this on a GD65 and after returning a GD55 for replacement, had the power loop problem) the new one hesitates before going to POST, with a 2500K should only need say about 1.2 for stock 3.3 GHz, this one requires 1.26 (CPU is fine in Gigabyte and ASRock - right around 1.2)....this can affect the DRAM also is the CPU is starving for voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to get my old overclock on this ASUS board.

Raised vCore higher than the previous board and still wasn't even stable at a lower frequency. I then tried the EIST turbo OC method and was even more unstable. I also tried setting DIMM voltage to 1.65, but it's still having problems even at CL8.

Either I'm using this board wrong or the ASUS board actually has more problems then the MSI board; which is why I moved away from the MSI board in the first place!

Couple this with their now USELESS support techs and archaic site; I'm really debating on returning this and going with my last resort choice: Gigabyte.

Trying to get Raja to respond to my post over on [H] while at the same time trying to get a useful tech to respond to my support inquiries. If I don't have acknowledgment of my issues before June 11th, I'm returning yet another motherboard and possibly blacklisting another company. (my old board was ASUS and worked just fine.. aside from a faulty chipset causing the temperature to go above 150C and shutdown the system even with the case open, in summer. yay how horrible it was then)

Comment

Do yo have the latest BIOS for the EVO? Currently 1502, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._EVO/#download

They, like most of the mobo makers, don't show it, but they are working on DRAM issues non-stop

Tman

Comment

The BIOS version hasn't change since March. I purchased the board early May and it came with the latest BIOS. That's another thing that's eating at me; MSI provided me beta BIOS's and there were beta BIOS's on MSI's forum being posted by a moderator.. damn better community, and MSI sure showed that they were actually trying to fix issues. What about ASUS? Nope! Sitting in the dark until they decide to push something globally, which takes a far longer time than MSI.

Like I said, it's a damn shame that I'm experiencing the same RAM issues as on the MSI board, even though G.Skill states on the product page that it's compatible with the boards.

Comment

Working...
                X